Selling On Etsy: General Products Vs. Niche Products

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
On Etsy, you can create a store to sell niche product or a store to sell general products.

The major benefit of creating niche product is you have particular customer in mind and you can do SEO and digital marketing accordingly. For example, you can build an email list and send emails to your customers every time you create a new product on that niche. The most difficult aspect of selling on a particular niche is finding the profitable niche, and also finding customers interested in that particular niche. You will have relatively fewer options.

The major benefit of creating general store on Etsy and selling general products is that you have a lot of products to sell to a lot of customers. You can sell seasonal products as well as evergreen products. You can even use the same design on multiple products. For example, you can use the same design on a t-shirts as well as coffee mugs.

Spkin

I bought handmade perfume on Etsy over 10 years ago. Cool experience, but unfortunately, there is a high risk of running into scammers, just like on any other marketplace.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I sell on Etsy, I sell all sorts of products from coffee mugs, and stickers, to T-shirts, hoodies, etc. I don't make huge sales but I do manage to make sales once in a while and generate income by selling on Etsy. I understand that selling niche products is relatively easy because your marketing is goal-focused, however, when you are selling niche products you have a limited market, and you will have limited sales. When you sell general products your market is wide and you have unlimited scope to sell. If you have a niche product, your ad campaign whether on Etsy or on other ad platforms like google and Facebook, you can drive sales just with one ad, but since I am selling multiple products in multiple niches, I will have to run ad campaigns for a lot of products and need a lot fo advertising budget to run campaigns.