Save Money to Invest Money

Mika

VIP Contributor
Saving has various purposes, such as saving for emergencies, saving to buy assets, saving for big purchases, saving for retirements, saving for starting a business, saving to invest, etc. It does not matter why you are saving, what actually matters is you are saving regularly. You need to save regularly, however, you also need to use your savings to make additional income, and you can do this by investing your savings.

I save to invest.

How do I do it?

Let’s say I withdraw $100 from Upwork, save $20 in my bank, and use the remaining $80 to pay my bills. Let’s say a week later I receive $200 from Adsense, save $40, and use the remaining amount to pay my loan. Now, I have $60. This is a small amount to invest in the stock market. Therefore I'll have to keep on working and earn more money in order to save $100 or more. Once my savings accumulate to $100, I buy stocks.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you want to invest, you need to save. If you are saving, you should also be investing your savings. You need money for investment, how would you have money to invest, if you are not saving. Thus, I believe that saving money is necessary before investing. Nevertheless, for those who already have money, saving might not be necessary because they can invest immediately. Contrarily, for the majority of people, saving is the first step toward investing. If you have limited income, you might not be able to save a lot of money at once, so you need to save regularly, in order to invest money. Alternatively, you can also start investing with whatever you can spare through crypto or micro investment platform and continue to invest on regular basis. Whether you are saving or investing, you need to do it regularly to build wealth. You also need to continue to reinvest your profits