Running a business with a family member

Augusta

VIP Contributor
There are some businesses that will definitely need a partner or an assistant to keep it going. Some people would not want to concentrate mainly on only one source of income. Like working and still running a business by the side. So for the business not to suffer then a close person most times come to mind.

What do you think about running it with either a sibling or a close family member than bringing in an outsider or a total stranger to be an attendant or a sale representative. Do you think one would be sabotaging the business or bringing in a total stranger would be the best bet?

B

Blessedsam60

Running a business with a family can be nice but in the other way can be so much detrimental to our own self because being a family would make you not to be meticulous or strict with the business. To me I think running a business with a trusted outsider is better of than a family member.

greatguy1

There are some businesses that will definitely need a partner or an assistant to keep it going. Some people would not want to concentrate mainly on only one source of income. Like working and still running a business by the side. So for the business not to suffer then a close person most times come to mind.

What do you think about running it with either a sibling or a close family member than bringing in an outsider or a total stranger to be an attendant or a sale representative. Do you think one would be sabotaging the business or bringing in a total stranger would be the best bet?
The capacity of the individual is the ingredient to look out for regardless of it being a family member or outsider. What I look out for is who will move the business to the next level. It is thus wise to groom persons by testing them with spheres of leadership to see their capacity. Whoever is best fit gets the job.

Olajidey

It depends on the level of trust as you will be dealing with money and it is said in the bibles Timothy chapter one verse 6-10 For the love of money is the root of all kind of evil. By craving it, some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.

sincerem

VIP Contributor

Running a business together with your family members isn't bad at all. Surely it will yield good result when everyone is working hard to make sure it is moving higher. Running a business together with your family members won't hinder you from running your own separate business too. It will give one time to negotiate other things that yields out dividends also.

Sammyesx

Running a business with a family member is a very good ideal, so some extent it helps the business owner to be at ease because you know your business partner is a family and you will trust such person which is a very important part of a business, it also improve the relationship between both partners, though nothing is guaranteed buy I prefer a family member as a business partner.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
There are the so called family business that is run by parents and children. If you are fond of movies you may have seen Warner Bros which means a business of siblings. I don't see anything wrong with a business among siblings. However, it would also depend on the relationship of siblings if they have the same vibes.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah right having a business with a family member or family members can be great but one needs to be sure that it going just as expected. They are family members that would want the business to continue to grow but check those that want to bring it down by cheating from it

D

Deleted member 28127

Yeah right having a business with a family member or family members can be great but one needs to be sure that it going just as expected. They are family members that would want the business to continue to grow but check those that want to bring it down by cheating from it
If both partners are earning means two members of family are earning from project there is no reason that one partner is cheating for bring it down the mostly it is coming from lazy employees that are just not working as expected and work less than required work that make company afford loses due to that they doesn't complete their tasks in time.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It isn’t wrong to have a family member in a business or run a business with a family member but one needs to be careful and make sure that it is only a goal-oriented person. Some family members are not just it with business. so it better to tread softly with them

Chibson

VIP Contributor
there are businesses that are being run by family members and I can tell you that such businesses have very successful from generation to generation because many of thefamily members are taught about how to succeed in business at early ages. It is therefore very important that business owners teach their family members how to successfully run a business and also instill in them the secrets of succeeding in business.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yes running a business with family members can be a sweet bitter experience. So it might not be about only sweetness but they are people that have a bad experience with family members too. So one thing is rying to recruit family members into your family but another is to be sure they are the right people

funmi

Verified member
My brother, doing business or running a business with any of your family member is very wrong to me. It will be a regrettable mistake later in future. What ever he or she does in the business will not be question. Find a neutral person that you can scold whenever he does something wrong. Family members can even bring you down if care is not taken.