Road side business

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Road side business can be describe as business situated very close to the road where people or car do pass.
Some weeks ago one of my friend was looking for a shop to rent so that he can start his business but the agent that is helping him to look for shop told him that he has one shop at one conner(one hidden place) that the money for the rent is more cheaper that those one at the road side and that he can also make profit at the place.
So my friends question is that is it possible to make profit very well in that hidden place than that of the road side shop? How possible?
Please your advise is welcome.

Maks25

Low startup cost: roadside food businesses usually don’t require a huge capital for a startup.
You can start a roadside business with as low as 5000 naira.
Rent might be free or inexpensive: target areas with a large number of commuters.
Since it is a roadside business, you might not be required to pay rent.
Even if you are, it would be inexpensive.
A steady source of income: Regardless of the situation of the country, people still have to eat.
There is a possibility that the business will succeed in the end

Roysnickz

Road side business can be describe as business situated very close to the road where people or car do pass.
Some weeks ago one of my friend was looking for a shop to rent so that he can start his business but the agent that is helping him to look for shop told him that he has one shop at one conner(one hidden place) that the money for the rent is more cheaper that those one at the road side and that he can also make profit at the place.
So my friends question is that is it possible to make profit very well in that hidden place than that of the road side shop? How possible?
Please your advise is welcome.
The location of business no doubt plays a key role in the patronage and to an extent the success of the business. The road side shop where there people are bound to be more will means more patronage for your friend. I also prefer such a place. It's not just more open for business but also, provide more security for yourself and your business. Let your friend think about this.

Olajidey

This is an eye saw the friend too should access the place can the place serve him with the business he wants to do in that particular place, if the location is good he can also make as much money as the people at the roadside. there is an advantage of the shop over the roadside business.
there will be sometimes that the business at the roadside is affected due to government policy they might want to expand the road and the shop along the road will have to be clear off.

Georgeadawara

With a very small amount of money you can setup and start a roadside business.in my country many people today survive on road said business with this small money you buy a few items that are very necessary an needed this can make you find a location at the road said no paying off shop rent no nepa bills the only thing is that you may not be opportuani to have a large or many goods to sell due to lack of space an so any thing can happen to you property because they are not in a save area or place.
You can be going to one place to another advertising you goods.

Ummigal

He should continue to look for other shops. Location really matters in business. Having a shop close to the roadside side especially a buy roadside is a great advantage to the growth of a business. This is because you are also advertising the business to people around and prospective customers and. The issue of the shop in the hidden area being cheap is not an advantage for me. A business which is well exposed is capable of generating alot of profits that would pay the rental space, expand the business and also foot the bills of it's owners conveniently.

Peppul

Well firstly the purpose of starting a business is so that you can be able to make profit on the long run. And if you are running a business you will want to be in an open place where people can easily sight your product so they can come and buy. Well for the owner of the shop telling you to come and rent the hidden shop, he is only after his own gain which is how to get the shop rent money so he will always sugar coat you that don't worry you will sell and all, but don't let him force you to go along with what you don't want. Unless you are ready to go out and start sourcing for customers like people in ikeja computer village do then you can rent the store but if you not ready for that please be patient and look for a open store where you won't have to go through all that trouble.