Redbubble Vs. Society6

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are an artist or a photoghrapher, you can sell your artworks/photograph on Redbubble and Society6. Both of these art marketplaces are very popular among independent artists, graphic designers, and photographs to sell their work as wall print, canvas print as well as use their work on various products and make money by selling these products. These platforms have similar features as well as have key differences.

1. Product types: If you intend to sell your artworks on multiple products such as apparel, curtains, mats, cups, phone covers etc. Redbubble can be best because Redbubble offers a wider range of products. Society6, on the other hand, focuses on home decor and lifestyle products (for example, wall art, furniture, and bedding).
  2. Quality: Redbubble and Society are almost similar when you judge the quality of the products, the only advantage Redbubble has over Society6 is Redbubble's products tend to be more customizable.
  3. Pricing: Redbubble and Society6 both have a base price and you can add your own markup price. The markup price you set will be your sales commission
  4. Target audience: Redbubble caters to the younger audience, normally people interested in pop culture and streetwear, whereas Society6 is more geared towards catering to a mature audience, who are more into contemporary art and design.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
There are a lot of marketplace to sell print-on-demand products, however, ion order to make money on these platforms you need graphic designing skills, as well as SEO and marketing skills. While using these marketplaces you also need to see the traffic and registered buyers on these markets. After all what matters is sales, if the platform does not have a lot of buyers, how would you be able to sell your products? I have tried Society6 as well as Redbubble. I have generated sales on both platforms, however, I had to spend substantial amount of money in order to generate sales.