Amazon Merch Vs Redbubble Print-On-Demand

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Amazon has a print-on-demand program called Amazon Merch. Redbubble is a print-on-demand marketplace. If you want to do print-on-demand business, which one do you think you should choose?

Amazon Merch and Redbubble both are free to start, you can sell unlimited products without listing or subscription fees, you only pay after your product has been sold.

Amazon has bigger market size, it reaches more people, therefore, you might be able to generate more sales. However, Amazon being a bigger marketplace, the competition is tough, therefore, in reality generating sales can be very difficult.

Redbubble is comparatively smaller, but the market is less competitive than Amazon therefore selling can be easier.

Amazon Merch can be used by anyone, indie artists, indie seller, small and medium businesses or big brands, Redbubble can also be used by anyone but the market is basically designed for indie artists or small businesses.

My advice is try both, and continue focusing on the one that works best for you.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I knew about Amazon Merch long before I knew Redbubble. In fact, I was introduced to print-on-demand terminology through Amazon's book publishing program called Createspace. Createspace is now adapted into Kindle Direct Publishing, which was originally on an ebook publishing platform. Createspace was a print-on-demand book publishing platform. I was later introduced to Amazon Merch. However, when I decided to do print-on-demand I did not know why I did not go with Amazon and instead choose to do print-on-demand through East by integrating Printful. Amazon merch is used by big brands, therefore, I am not sure if indie sellers or small businesses can actually make a difference with this program. However, I am thinking to give it a try because Amazon is a big company with millions of buyers. The platform is free to use but I might have to spend money to run ads in order to increase my visibility.