Providing covid vaccine for employees

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In this pandemic era when everyone is looking up to the arrival of the vaccine my take for big companies is for them to buy vaccine and give it free to their employees. It is no secret that big companies have earned so much and that they can afford to spend for the covid vaccine. Unfortunately here, so many big companies have already ordered the vaccine from China, India and US. But the makers of vaccine cannot fulfill the orders yet due to a greater demand from other countries.

If all the big companies in the world will be shouldering the cost of vaccinating their employees then it would make a difference. The so called herd immunity can be achieved faster that the pandemic can be ended sooner than expected. But with the situation now I guess it will take at least one year for the vaccines to be effective with 50% of the population. I just hope the variants will be controlled by the vaccine.

Suny

We are getting them free in both my countries, India and Australia. I regret my decision to travel to India in March when there were not many cases here but now the situation is grim. However, I have got both doses by the end of April in private (got reimbursement from my insurance provider). However, I am sure most governments are trying their best to get their citizens vaccinated for free.
by the way, 200 million Indians have got their vaccines for free and the rest will get it soon. In Australia, the government has 50 million shots ready just in case the need arises.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The availability of vaccine has made the tremor of Corona virus to reduce. Most companies are now trying to purchase these vaccine in order to boost the immunity of their workers. I hope just like the poster suggested, if all workers in some prone areas are vaccinated, Corona virus may be a thing of the past soon.