How Covid is Providing Business Opportunities for Some Countries

Mika

VIP Contributor
I don’t know whether you have realized this or not but I think Corona Virus, or Covid-19 as it is popularly called, is creating opportunities to make huge money for some countries.

Covid pandemic has created necessities for medical equipment like ventilator, PCR test machines, RDT test kits, PPE, mask, gloves, infrared thermometers, oxymeter, medical oxygen, medicines (to control fever, cough, stop chest and throat infection), etc.

China’s making a lot of money by manufacturing medical equipment. For example, 95 percent of oxymeters being used in India come from China alone. India is a big nation (based on area and population), imagine how much money China is making by selling oximeter to India.

Russia was one of the first countries to make Covid vaccine available for mass use. It was said that the Russian vaccine had not been tested for phase 3 trials yet it was publically available. That’s because Russia wanted to cash in by selling vaccines.

Yes, you are right COVID-19 is providing a business opportunity to the people. Nowadays, the demands for COVID-19 protection products is a lot such as face masks, hand sanitizers, medical gown, medical caps and many more items. These products are helpful to protect its user from the effects of COVID-19. Due to this reasons, many people are thinking to open a business for COVID-19 prevention items where they wants to store such items which I have mentioned above. A business person start a business of those goods which are most demand able and cost-effective.

Let me just share this actual experience about the face mask. When WHO said that we do not need to wear the face mask, the government agreed. But after some weeks the government hastily implemented a protocol that people in public places should wear face mask. Right on that day there was an avalanche of face mask in the market. That is a business strategy or mere coincidence?

Covid 19 has truly created great business opportunities for such countries. They must have made massive profits for producing all those equipments and medicines by now.
That was so careless for Russia to sell the Vaccinnes before finishing the trials. It is just unfortunate to see people's lives being at risk just because they want the money.

Yes covid truly provided a huge opportunities to make for some countries

Having said that, the advantage is that most of the public hospitals that are not well equipped now have abundant equipments

We've always agitated against the sorry state of our hospitals. Now we can boast that the smallest hospital in our neighborhood is to some extent well equipped enough to cater for simple ailment

In some countries when it is obliged to stay at home and close your coffee establishement then you will get some amount of money in this period of time when your company is closed to pay your bills and pay your coffee employees however in some other countries you get an order to close your company due to Covid19 without any money provided from governement that let the situation more complicated than before. This is difference between poor country and rich country sadly.

Yeah covid came with providing business opportunity for some people in my country and to a large extent I think people are still making sales of covid products. There was the need for face mask, shield, hand sanitizer, glove's, water dispenser, cups and lots more. So people took advantage provided these things to make brisk money which they actually did

I know a lot of people who switched their business line once the Covid case surged and health products were in demand. This guy was selling flex printing machines, however, when Covid case began to arise, he imported thermal guns, oxymeter, KN95 masks, sanitizers etc from China. he is making a lot of money.

Yeah the covid19 really made some business boom then ,most especially those that were selling facemask and covid19 protective equipment , because before the pandemic I don't really think those business were existing or ven growing but it seems things changed after then ,so the covid19 contributed to some business profit making capacity

If you are in the healthcare business, you would have made a lot of money even by selling simple items like soaps, handwash, sanitizers, face masks, face shields, etc. If your home country's market is too small for your products, you could have easily sold to the neighboring countries. Covid is a business.

Covid is a business. There is no doubt that the companies that have produced Covid vaccines have earned billions of dollars in profits. Sometimes I start pondering into conspiracy theory that China created Corona Virus just because it can profit by selling vaccines. The ground reality point towards this factor.

When the news of the pandemic was just coming out I remember hell a face mask that used to sell for about 50 naira around here eventually grew up to about 400 naira and in some places it was even more than that. Online learning platforms also saw a lot of growth and as such you can definitely see that there are some industries that were able to benefit massively from the pandemic. I do not think that this is going to change anytime soon and this industries are also going to continue to grow no matter what as the pandemic still stays.

Covid is providing business opportunities not only to the countries but also to the common people. For instance, people who sold masks and sanitizers made a lot of money. Interesting, investment from the mask and sanitizer business was very low. People who had some money to invest, even started mask and sanitizer manufacturing business. Even the educators and teachers made money during the pandemic by teaching online. In this consumerist culture, everything is a business, and if you have the right mindset and if you approach rightly, you can make a lot of money at any time (pandemic or no pandemic)