Profit making: the motivation behind choosing a business?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I really doubt if there is any individual who was going to a business simply because they have passion for it and not because of the prophet that is in it .

There is really nothing bad about this at all , because all humans are geared towards making sure that they make as much profit as possible for anything they get involved in .

The only problem is when some individuals failed to realise that not everything is all about profit making .

There are situations where you have to allow your passion to be the major determining factor for you choosing a particular business .

The fact that other people we are not able to succeed in a particular business does not necessarily mean that it is not going to be profitable .

Sometimes , most of these individuals are usually not giving a business the needed attention and dedication that is really expected of them, and that is why they then conclude that it is not as profitable as you would ordinarily should expect .

The major thing here is that profit-making is real and everyone is thinking towards that , but you shouldn't make it be your major focus and the source of your motivation behind going to a particular business.

Before anyone start a business him/her should have a good motivation. The business should not only be a source of income but a field of your interest, where you get to interact and learn what your customers appreciate more and what keeps them away, so you can know how to improve and satisfy their interest.then you'll progress in your business.

Though one major factor we consider before going into a particular business is the amount of profit we can make from it but if that is your only reason for selecting a particular business, then you might end up crashing. Another thing we should also consider when starting up a business, is the cost to start up the business and as well maintain the business. If the cost of maintaining the business is too high, then the amount of profit you make would be of no use.

Profit is the main purpose of every business and I have actually seen a lot of people who said that "nobody does a business that is not profitable".

Even people who do charity works also have a lot of things to gain and the earlier you realise this the better for you because nothing is really free in this world. Nobody will want to venture into the business he or she will not benefit anything from on the long run because that is actually time-wasting.

If you do not want to waste your time in any business, you must try as much as possible to make sure that it will be profitable for you on the long run. It is important for people to be passionate about any business they want to venture into but the truth is that passion without profit doesn't really make sense because that is pure time-wasting.

If you see people who are acquiring knowledge in order to venture into a particular business, you must know and understand that the main motivation or purpose in which they are passionate about that particular business is because it has a lot of profit on the long run. The same thing applies to any kind of business every you will come across.

I really agree with you but still, there are some people who are passion driven to a business and in most cases, it is a charity organisation. The major aim of any business is to maximize profits, while reducing costs. There is no business owner who would be happy incurring losses. It would be very detrimental to his psychological health and the business as well. No doubt, some people are still driven by motivation but the passion would still never supersede the aim to make profits. Without the profits to either save or reinvest in the business, how then would the business be profitable?

There is no business owner who would give out his products for charity because business is decisive and for profits. Even during the covid-19 pandemic when there was a lockdown order in line to curb the spread of the pandemic, business owners were still looking and devising means to sell out their products so it does not expire which tells us that the profits is the aim. Even in such tight situation, if they were only driven by passion, they would rather give all the products for free but it was still sold. Passion is needed in business but the focus is the profits.

I agree that behind the agenda of any business, the most important crux is the ability to make profits. I recall just some months ago, a business owner had employed a sales boy to oversee the affairs of her business and unfortunately, this boy had sold a product lower than even the cost price to a customer and this customer left and was not living within the area. The business woman returned and discovered that she had lost a whole lot of money from the sales boy's negligence and she was so furious, she was even threatening to dismiss the boy and after few days, I did not set my eyes on the sales boy again.

I realized that the essence of a business is to make profits and when the opposite is the case, it becomes a serious threat to the business owners.. The motivation behind choosing to venture into cleaning services is because I know how to keep an environment neat but the major aim was to utilize my passion to make profits to make up for ends meet. There are so may business owners who would act as if they are not after the profits, but in reality it is just a cover-up.

Profit making is the fundamental reason and motivation behind any business in this world, don't let the passion singers get into your brain.

I was even reading an article on Forbes about Passion, which the author argued its just an illusion, because at the end people just gotta do what they gotta do.

Passion is just a buzzword that became popular because of how often motivational speakers say it, but I tell you. If you wake up dead broke without a cent to your name, you won't be needing any passion to go out there and Hustle for what to eat, because that's how you function as a human.

You might think of athlete and say, but they followed their passion, not really, because it took Messi 19 years of his life to become a success, do you think it's all passion that was sustaining him, nor did it's the price he's aiming at, which is profits and fame.

To live is to suffer, it's a fantasy to think you're going to achieve your dream by just being passionate about something, if it's so then we wouldn't have poor people because well, they have passion too and it's suppose to make them rich.