Private or government hospitals: which is the best?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I want us to discuss on this as to whether private hospitals are much more reliable than government hospitals . Most especially in countries where things are not really functioning up to normal rate like it is in developed countries .

If you believe that private hospitals are having much more hope than government-owned hospitals, then I believe you can share your reasons for thinking like this here so that other people can learn from you and also disagree with you where necessary

If you also think that government own hospitals are the best then you can try to see how you highlight your reasons for clarity's sake .

I personally believe that government-owned hospitals are the best options available for the common Man. My reasons for thinking so are :

- Government hospitals have a very high number of qualified medical personnel who are always ready to deliver.

• Government hospitals do not charge so much fees compared to private hospitals .
  • It is easier to get free treatment in a government-owned hospital than you do in a private hospital, where they are only concerned with the prophet dawood realise .

- A government hospital also has so much more facilities available than a private hospital , because they cannot afford so much of it that the government will do .

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Naturally a public is suppose to be well equipped with all the modern equipment that can be used to carry out all kinds of treatments on their patients. In advance or developed countries health is almost free as the bills most times are been taking care of by tax payers funds, so for this reason the government of those countries ensures they provide all the necessary tools, and you hardly see a private hospital that will be able to compete with a public hospital in those advanced or developing countries. In fact they try as much as possible to get experts and the very best from all other the world and they ensure they pay them very well.

But in some developing countries the case may be a bit different as there are some developing countries that do prioritize their budgets and they ensure they provide a well robust health care facility. But the case is different too for some other developing countries like my country where the leaders are very corrupts and they seek personal gains over the well being of the nation. Hence they abandon such public health facilities and the private ones do more better than the public ones.

Ganibade

Verified member
Government hospitals are the best hospitals that have facilities that make the treatment easy to carry out without any problems. Compared with the private hospitals, this is a hospital that has no facilities except a minority of them, and there is not much care in terms of treatment and medical laboratory equipment. Government hospitals have low treatment fees that will be easy for the patients to pay after treatments compared with private hospitals, which have expensive treatment fees. This makes many people more likely to patronize government hospitals than private hospitals.

Last edited:

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
@Kingsley I think I have no option but to agree with you that the determining factor for whether people who settle for private or public hospitals is dependent on the countries they are living in.

A lot of people living in developed countries do not bother themselves about seeing to it that the patronized private hospitals anymore, since the government sector has done enough for them and make provision for everything that they need in the government hospitals .

When you check their counterparts that are living in poor and developed countries, especially the ones that are corrupt , they have no option but to patronize the private hospital since the government has failed in its responsibility to make sure that the government hospitals are well-equipped and grounded to face all forms of medical challenges that could present in the long run .

If more and more countries work on making sure that every sector of their economy or country is in the right situation , I believe that the market will not be favorable to private hospitals any longer and this is going to be a very nice development .

Most private hospitals are only concerned about profit-making, and do not even offer correct and reliable health services .

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
If we are to consider Nigeria for example I am going to say that the private hospital is much more better than the government hospital in most cases, but there are some disadvantage of private hospital which I will list below .

In case of emergency it is always advisable for you to try out most private hospital because they can help you better with good treatment and you can have a high chance of surviving .This may not be possible in most government hospital over here because there is no organisation of how thing is being done , everyone behaves as they like and so on.

One of the only advantage I can recommend a government or general hospital is that there are more qualified consultants over there if we are to compared it to most private hospital , doctors and nurses over there are well-qualified . In some Private hospital you might be at risk of dealing with quack doctors without proper qualification which might expose your life to risks and dangers.

If you are choosing a private hospital for your medical service you should choose the best and the most trusted and not just anyone that comes around as it may be dangerous.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It is only people that do not really care about their health that will prefer public hospital to private one in my own opinion. Not that all public hopsitals are worse but most of them have become a death trap these days.

It is not a gainsaying that you are hardly seen qualified doctors in all these public hospitals. The reason is not fsr fetched. Most of the qualifed doctors are not well treated. They are not paid as they are meant to send they are not given the incentives that most of them deserve. This has caused brain drain among these medical practitioners in some countries.

Government hopsitals should be well equipped but the corruption that has riddled the sector has not made the sector to be fully equipped. There is a country where all political office holders don't use their public hospitals rather they travel out of the country for some treatment just because they know there are no more modern equipment in most of all these hopsitals.

There is no more efficiency in the public hospitals. The reason is not far fetched. They are paid whether they are good or not and they are not really scared of neikf sacked because it hardly happens. This is not so in the private hopsitals as a quack doctor can easily be sacked.