Pinterest Marketing: How to Design Your Pins to Make Them Go Viral?

Mika

VIP Contributor
Pins go viral when a lot of Pinterest users repin your Pins. When your Pins get a lot of repins, you can not only have a lot of traffic on your business or website but also get high conversions as Pinterest users are also buyers. That’s because a lot of people use Pinterest to search for ideas and products.

Here are a few things you need to consider in your Pins in order to make your Pins go viral and have conversion.

Dimension: Dimension of your pinned images plays an important role in getting repins. A lot of people make a mistake by using square images for their pins. Square images are not as much visible and appealing as vertical images, so people tend to see them last. When your Pins do not get many engagements, Pinterest algorithm will not push it further, and your Pin will be buried deep down. The idea dimension for Pin is 1080X1920. If you have Pinned wrong dimension, repurpose your Pins.

Format: Even though Pinterest was primarily designed for images, videos tend to do a lot better compared to static Pins. Pinterest algorithm is really pushing up videos. When you are scrolling Pinterest and when you spot a video among the static Pins, it will definitely catch your eye.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Even though I can use Photoshop for graphic design and photo editing, I find canva very useful. It is easy to use because you can start with the existing template as opposed to creating from scratch. I have not been very careful about Pin format and I am basically pinning static pins but I do understand the importance of video pins to stand out in PInterest. I have found that landscape pins also do well like vertical pins. The vertical pins are thought to be better just because the images look perfect for your smartphone. You need to test different dimension and see which one is better for you/

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have seen vertical images work best for Pinterest because these are the appropriate dimensions for smartphone users. However, for web users, even landscape images work because they have bigger screen and can sell all sorts of images at once. Your images must be high quality and you need to avoid pinning the kind of images that have been already pinned. Pinterest desires original and new pins for pushing up in their algorithm.

Eva Dav

To make your pin go viral is to make make people curios to click. This point may sometimes be a bit tricky, but it’s absolutely crucial for creating viral pins. Thus, always be mindful of what people are searching on Pinterest. With every pin you create, you want to be super specific about the benefit and value your content offers your readers. Place a clear, compelling call-to-action on your pin image to make people want to click. Tell them what they should do next.