Piggery: A viable but hidden gold mine

Akanbi Gbenga

If you won't mind the dirth associated with rearing pigs, piggery is one of the most viable means of entry into really wealth. This is not unconnected to the fact that pigs give birth to lots of piglets. A pig can give birth to as much as 15 piglets at once and this happens twice a year. This makes expansion of the farm very quick and easy. However, the success of the business anchors on two things: knowledge and qualitative and quantitative feeding.

Just like every business or field of endeavor, acquiring the right knowledge is not negotiable. There are a lot of PDF material online to available all that is needed to succeed.

Pigs are voracious eaters, as a result, the pig farm must ensure he always makes food available for them. The profitability of the farmer depends on how well they are feed.

In conclusion, it is important to note that that is very huge market for pigs.

I've also heard that going into piggy is a very lucrative form of business. A friend of mine father owns a piggery and she always tells me her experience running the piggery with her father. According to her, running a piggery is not as easy as it seem as pigs can be very difficult to rare. It is no wonder very few people own a piggery especially in my country. She said that pigs are very dirty and they donr like being in clean environments. She also said they feed a lot and one could spend a lot on feeding them but at the end, one could gain a lot especially if the pigs turn out to be very healthy. My friend also said that a lot of people buys piglet and one could make a lot from the sales of piglets.