Piggery Business - good or Bad?

D

Deleted member 27126

Considering the situation of things in the country now and how there are scarcities of employment and any legal means of making money. I am thinking of establishing a piggery farming after my studies. I am a student in a University of Agriculture and I will be finishing my studies very soon. What is your view abojt this? Is piggery Business worth it?

Since you are an agricultural student of course establishing a piggery business is one of the smartest moves you can ever make. Even though I really don't know much about the business but of course it will be lucrative from the look of things. First of all before you venture into the business, make sure you have enough plans and also the financial capability.

Since you are an agricultural student of course establishing a piggery business is one of the smartest moves you can ever make. Even though I really don't know much about the business but of course it will be lucrative from the look of things. First of all before you venture into the business, make sure you have enough plans and also the financial capability.
Thank you very much for your reply and I really appreciate it. Now, the issue is that I am thinking of relocating to a city where pork meat is being consumed more and more unlike my current location where people do not really eat pork meat like that. Also, I am getting some information about it already plus what I have learnt about it in the University.

Since you're a student of the agriculture science then setting up a piggery farm shouldn't be a hard thing for you to accomplish. A piggery farm is a good one. There is a lot of money to be made from that aspect of agriculture. The last time I checked about 2 years ago now, a big mature pig was sold for as much as 50knaira which I do believe is a huge amount of money. So you can start it

Since you're a student of the agriculture science then setting up a piggery farm shouldn't be a hard thing for you to accomplish. A piggery farm is a good one. There is a lot of money to be made from that aspect of agriculture. The last time I checked about 2 years ago now, a big mature pig was sold for as much as 50knaira which I do believe is a huge amount of money. So you can start it
Talking about the money that is there, I must confess, the business is very profitable but the area where I am concerned about is to avoid the unpleasant smells, the area to concentrate my pen and whether to get labours for some tasks or be doing everything on my own. Another thing is the availability of buyers for the pig when it's time for sale.

Good thought, Piggery business is very profitable, anyone who ventures in it never regrets.

First it will do you a lot of good to find out how much female pigs cost especially the Agric breed.

buy two females, you can take them to mate when the time comes and if you're lucky, you might get twelve piglets or above from one female pig and twenty four from both.

just make sure you start by yourself if you have time on your hands when you have fully established then you could employ labourers.

Piggery business is a very lucrative business. Though it is capital intensive, the reward is worth it. It may not be a good business for some religions due to their practices and laws. Pigs are very proflic by producing many litters(piglets) at a time. I will vouch for whoever wants to go into it that it is profitable. All you need is capital, land and some labour that depends on the type of management practice you want to adopt.

Pig farming is a very lucrative business. This is because relatively, it is not so expensive to set up. Just a boar (male) and one or two sows (female) and you are good to go. They fallow (give birth) within 6months and you can have to yourself more than 20 piglets from the two mothers and sell either in weaners, growers, as pork or keep them to expand your farm. Its market is readily available too. Pig farmers are always seen smiling to the bank because pig farming is a money spinning machine.