One good way of using a farm land for investment

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
A farm land is not used 12 months in a year. Take for instance a rice field that is planted in July and the crop is harvested in October. The farm will be planted with watermelon or mung beans for the off season (some farms have only 1 season for planting rice when there is no irrigation system).

When the farm land is idle some entrepreneurs will rent the land to plant a crop. The crop is good for 3 months of renting out so the entrepreneur would plant peanuts or fast growing vegetables like pechay (Chinese lettuce) or the native cabbage. Barring any weather disturbances the harvest is good enough to earn a decent profit. The main purpose of the entrepreneurs is to give the farmers work during the off season. That is an admirable act that the government should support.

This is a very good idea . some time some people use to lease out their land to the farmer that they should pay for like 5years and knowing fully well that they can not use for complete that years without stopping for some time after harvesting their crops . Its a very lucrative business.

In my village leasing of lands is a very common practice and of course a lot of people use it to make money. Sometimes some people lease it for 2 years and after you might have planted for that period of two years the owner will take the land back and you pay the owner some specific amount of money which was agreed initially. It is usually done in rice planting seasons. Rice is very common in my village and it is very profitable.

My parents own a rice farm. In July, they plant rice and harvest in October. In November, they plant wheat and harvest wheat in March. So there is two crop cycle in my parents' farm. The land remains unused only for 4 months. These are the hottest months in my parents' area and cultivating anything in these 4 months is very difficult.

Well, anything to generate money for self or the government would be welcomed by me. so if using the farmland to engage farmers or other workers which will be of great benefits to both farmers and entrepreneurs then it worth the emulation by the government. It might even help in boosting the economy as well.