On a scale of 10, rate your saving and investment percentage

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I know their are people here in this forum who are more resilient when it comes to saving money than investing their hard earned money due to risk they never wanted to enthral especially via online investment.

I know investment is more productive cos within short time you can recover your investment, but if you don't invest wisely you'll lose it all too.

When it comes to savings, you can't lose the money you saved in the bank, locked in the fixed deposit section. That's why most average and poor people love saving it there to determine full security of their monetary aspect, cos they're afraid of losing their funds via risky investment scheme online and offline.

I love saving as much as i love investment, cos i know the benefits surrounding the both long time. They can help combat emergency demands in the future, that's why i engage more on saving and investment.

I rate my saving percentage 6/10 at the moment and my investment 5/10 for the time being.

What's your own percentage ratio for the both??

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I tend to focus more on savings these days, especially when u remember how much I have lost from some investments I did earlier this year which made me to reconsider my options and then I am now doing more of savings. On a scale of 1-10, I would say that I save at a scale of 7/10 and then invest just 3/10. I invest in buying and selling of the USD some times.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I tend to focus more on savings these days, especially when u remember how much I have lost from some investments I did earlier this year which made me to reconsider my options and then I am now doing more of savings. On a scale of 1-10, I would say that I save at a scale of 7/10 and then invest just 3/10. I invest in buying and selling of the USD some times.
I'm engaging more on savings currently, cos i have no much funds at the meantime to invest in Cryptocurrency which have taking its toll to the down almost falling flat to zero for my investment. If you look at how ICP coin fell you'll be discouraged to invest a dime into Cryptocurrency. More than 1000% decline in the last two months for the coin.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When I had a job, I was saving 10-20 percent of my salary every month, and whenever I found lucrative investment opportunities (launch of IPO for example) I used my saving to make an investment. However, when I invested, I only used 50 percent of my savings because I also had to be careful about having emergency funds.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
If I earn $50 a month, then I invest $10, withdraw $30 for personal use and save the rest $10 in my account. I am not sure about the percentage but this is my ratio when it comes to diversifying my money when it comes to saving, investing, and spending my money in a proper way. I do this to minimize my risk of losing all the money, so I do not invest all I have.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am not aware of my savings if it is regular or now When I was still employed I just save the loose coins and a few hundred during payday. But usually my savings would be eaten by unexpected expenses that it is like a bad habit already that I would save but then it would be spent. Now that I am retired my savings are better.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
for me I can give my self 7/10 because saving is one thing I have done since childhood. I have known the whole essence of saving so I try to save all the time. I like how I discipline myself when it comes to finances. I save a lot even more now