Myths About Blogging

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Here I am debunking some common myths about blogging:

Passive Income: A lot of people will tell you that blogging is a passive income, however, it is not. At least for a couple of years, blogging is not a passive income. If you want to become a successful blogger, you will have to work 3-4 hours every day for a couple of years. You will have to spend time writing blog post, researching keywords, doing SEO, promoting content etc.

Publishing regularly: A lot of people thing that you need to publish daily or at least weekly. Well, this is just a myth. In the beginning you will have to publish substantial amount of content, however, once you have content and once your content are ranked on search engine you don’t have to publish regularly.

You Can Make a Lot of Money Through Ads: Advertising is a way to generate revenue on your blog, but running ads alone will not generate a lot of money. You will have to sell products and services.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Passive income means you are making money without doing any ongoing work. However, passive income does not happen overnight, you will have to work hard to build passive income no matter what you do. It takes a lot of time to build passive income. Let's say you invested in the stock market, it will take a couple of years before you start generating passive income. Let's say you start a business, can you make money from your business over night? You will have to work for many years before your business generates passive income., The same goes true for blogging. You cannot make passive income just in 2-3 months of starting a blog, you will have to spend years. I have been making money from my blog for two years but it took me over a year to generate income and my blogging work has become my passive income only since 7-8 months.