Mistake #6/9 – Deadly Affiliate Marketing Mistakes to Avoid in 2022.

IncomeTr

This thread series, has a total of nine identified deadly affiliate marketing mistakes to avoid. Please note, that only posts relevant to the specific mentioned mistake on a particular thread are welcome onto that thread; those not mentioned through the series, are welcome onto the concluding thread to Mistakes #1-#9 (the tenth thread of the series), thank you. Let’s get started - enjoy!

Mistake #6/9 – Not Tracking Results

If you start seeing a good number of sales, you’ll soon start to wonder which of your marketing efforts is the most productive. You’ll obviously want to concentrate more of your efforts on the methods which are making you the most money. But what if you have no idea which areas to concentrate on, because you don’t know which methods are working?

Enter TRACKING.

Tracking, quite simply, lets you know where your traffic is coming from and where it’s going. Simple tracking is as simple as using a tracking code through your affiliate program. For example, you can create a unique tracking ID for each website you own on the Amazon affiliate network. Or if you promote products through ClickBank, you can add a custom code word to your affiliate links to allow you to find out where every sale you refer came from.

You could also go into much more detail by using your own affiliate tracking script that will allow you much more detailed information about your clicks and sales. This is advanced stuff, so you might not need it right away. But you definitely need SOME sort of tracking in place so you can figure out which of your methods is working best!

Premise:
Affiliate marketing is a great way to make money, but it’s not necessarily as easy as it sounds. Too many affiliate marketers are actually making HUGE mistakes which cost them time, money, and may even hurt their reputations permanently.

Fortunately, once you’ve identified these killer mistakes, it’s easy to correct them so you can stop making them in your own affiliate marketing campaigns.

If you’ve been wondering why your affiliate marketing campaigns aren’t as effective as you’d hoped, you might be making one or more of these big mistakes than could be seriously hampering your efforts.

In this guide, you’ll learn about the most common mistakes made by affiliate marketers (even some highly experienced marketers make these mistakes!) You’ll also learn how to keep from making these mistakes yourself, and how to keep from repeating the same mistakes over and over again as so many people seem to do.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
As an affiliate marketer it is very much important your track your records because without that you may really not be effective. If you are in using to advertising networks maybe Facebook and Google ads and of course you find out that Google ads is more effective then you have to focus your resources and energy on it because it is giving you the most results. A lot of people who are into affiliate marketing does not know about this and that is the reason why they keep some spending their money on different advertising networks and not seeing maximum results. If using Facebook ads works most for me then I need to channel my resources and their in order to see maximum results.
Tracking records is one of the best ways in which you can use to identify your mistakes and strengths and from there you can correct a whole lot of things that will save you hundreds of Dollars and make you thousands of Dollars as the case may be. Many affiliate marketers ignore this and end up spending a whole lot of money on different platforms and they end up with not so impressive results.
This your series is really a good exposition for prospective affiliate marketers.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Tracking is one of the things I am guilty of when it comes to affiliate marketing. It is very important to track everything when you are engaging in affiliate marketing.

You traffic the amount of visitors that comes from the paid advert you run for your affiliate marketing campaign. You track the amount of conversion rate..

It is very important to do split testing when you are running paid advert for your affiliate marketing campaign.

Split testing will help you to determine paid advert campaign that convert more and spend less. You can only determined how successful you are with your campaign if you are tracking everything you do.

Tracking will give you a series of data which you can rely on and apply in your next marketing campaign.

The data you got from tracking will help you to maximize your spending on your paid advert run for affiliate products.

I am too attached to my money that is why I decided not to engage in tracking in some of my affiliate marketing campaign and I pay for it in terms of commission. I believe that it is not necessary at that time so that's why I don't engage in it.

Conversion Kits is one of the best tracking software for every affiliate marketing campaign.