Mistake #8/9 – Deadly Affiliate Marketing Mistakes to Avoid in 2022.

IncomeTr

This thread series, has a total of nine identified deadly affiliate marketing mistakes to avoid. Please note, that only posts relevant to the specific mentioned mistake on a particular thread are welcome onto that thread; those not mentioned through the series, are welcome onto the concluding thread to Mistakes #1-#9 (the tenth thread of the series), thank you. Let’s get started - enjoy!

Mistake #8/9 – Competition Fear

A lot of people try to stick to the “low hanging fruit”, because they’ve been told that’s what they should do as newbies. Or they do it because they’re terrified that they’ll never be able to compete against the millions of other websites out there.

NO!

You can compete in ANY niche! I’ve known complete newbies who managed to crack super tough niches like MMO and weight loss right off the bat. Is this likely? Of course not. Is it possible? Definitely.

I don’t advise new affiliate marketers to tackle these extremely tough niches immediately, but you don’t have to choose tiny, obscure niches that aren’t likely to make you much money, either. If there’s not much competition, it’s because there’s not much money there. Trust me, there ARE no “undiscovered” or “untapped” niches anymore. There may have been a few years ago, but that ship has sailed. If it’ll make money, it’s already making someone money. Probably a lot of people.

Don’t fear competition, just be wary of it. You WANT competition, trust me. Too much competition is a difficult thing to overcome, but choose niches that have a decent amount of competition, because that’s where the money is.

Premise:
Affiliate marketing is a great way to make money, but it’s not necessarily as easy as it sounds. Too many affiliate marketers are actually making HUGE mistakes, which cost them time, money, and may even hurt their reputations permanently.

Fortunately, once you’ve identified these killer mistakes, it’s easy to correct them so you can stop making them in your own affiliate marketing campaigns.

If you’ve been wondering why your affiliate marketing campaigns aren’t as effective as you’d hoped, you might be making one or more of these big mistakes than could be seriously hampering your efforts.

In this guide, you’ll learn about the most common mistakes made by affiliate marketers (even some highly experienced marketers make these mistakes!) You’ll also learn how to keep from making these mistakes yourself, and how to keep from repeating the same mistakes over and over again as so many people seem to do.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Affiliate marketing is very competitive and if you want to go into it you must be ready to face competition by learning the necessary things and the necessary procedures. One of the best ways to compete in affiliate marketing and become successful on it is to follow people who are very well established already in affiliate marketing and learning a lot of things from them. Many people are afraid of competition and of course that is understandable because in some niches, it is very hard for the newbies to really make anything tangible because there are a lot of established gurus there. Even if you create a content it may not really be seen but with the right knowledge and resources you can definitely compete.
Some of the best things you must know if you want to be competitive in affiliate marketing are;
SEO: Search engine optimisation is very important for anyone that really wants to compete. Without doing search engine optimisation well there is no way people are going to see your contents, whether you are using your blog or YouTube.
Copywriting: I have always been saying this, that copy writing is very necessary and important for anyone that really wants to succeed in a marketing and that is what the gurus use.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
It is true that some niche are highly competitive when it comes to affiliate marketing. So I will not be surprised when I discovered that a new affiliate is having a fear of competitor before starting an affiliate marketing campaign.

The fear of competition can be solved by doing research before you begin with any affiliate marketing campaign. It is very important to choose a product with less competition as this will make it pretty much easier for you to make commission faster.

If it happens that you want to promote a product on Amazon. You can make use of keyword research to come up with the products to promote as an affiliate.

One of the tools you can use Ahref. Ahref has a search bar which is called content explorer. You simply type in the keyword in your niche into the search bar and hit the button. You need to set up some parameters so that it will bring less competitive keywords for you.

You should choose domain rating of 5 or less. The page traffic should be 1000 and above. Page authority you are going to choose should also be five or less. Set your keyword difficulty from 3 to 0 so that it will come up with less competitive keywords.