Marketing A Product Is Not That Easy: Please Share Some Of Your Experiences

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Marketing is not an easy job. Sometimes you might feel as if you are just promoting your product and it seems that no one is interested in your product. I was once hired by a mineral water company and they wanted me to promote their business by marketing their product. The first day I went for the job, I felt like I am just working for nothing. In the end, my employer will not pay me because I did not do the job well. I quite that job immediately because I was feeling that marketing a product is not that easy. It was my very first experience and now I can feel why marketing is so difficult. I am actually talking about promoting a product offline, not online. So have you ever promoted a product and felt exactly the same way I was feeling? Please share your experiences.

Last edited:

Chibson

VIP Contributor
That's one of the reasons it is very important to learn things about the kind of business you are venturing into. Marketing is one of the strategies in which businesses used to get a lot of customers and any business man that does not have marketing strategy will not succeed.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I have promoted by business brand using both online & offline marketing method. In Offline method, i have used promotional products for this purpose like pens, diaries etc. I online marketing i have used SEO, PPC and social media.

I find it hard promoting things whether it is done online or offline. I have tried promoting some products in the past and it never worked the way I thought it would. This suggests that marketing is not for every one and it is definitely not for me. You do not need to roam around physically when it comes to promoting products online but it is still a hard job.

lucycarter

I find it hard promoting things whether it is done online or offline. I have tried promoting some products in the past and it never worked the way I thought it would. This suggests that marketing is not for every one and it is definitely not for me. You do not need to roam around physically when it comes to promoting products online but it is still a hard job.
Absolutely, marketing is not for everyone. It requires a proper team effort and a proper strategy. I was lucky enough to have a good team working with me on this. We made a proper strategy and stick to our plan. Also, whenever required we improvised based on situation and requirement.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Absolutely, marketing is not for everyone. It requires a proper team effort and a proper strategy. I was lucky enough to have a good team working with me on this. We made a proper strategy and stick to our plan. Also, whenever required we improvised based on situation and requirement.

That's great! So how many team members did you have and what was your strategy to promote and advertise your product? Can you share some experiences? I have tried selling mineral water and when I took that job, I immediately realised that it was not for me. What's worse was that the employer never even told me what salary he was about to offer, so I left that "job".

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I had my business before the arrival of social media so our means of marketing is calling by phone and visiting the prospect. It was not easy because it was very time consuming. There was a time that 2 of my female staff were harassed on their way to the customer. Fortunately there was a cop that interfered. It was a scary story because what happens if my staff were harmed?

Setho

VIP Contributor
Advertising on social media especially is not easy at all especially when you do not have enough followers. My advice is that anybody who wants to use leverage of social media to expand his business should ensure that he has enough information first before even trying to do so because he will only be wasting his time.