Malaria: causes and symptoms

What is malaria: malaria is a deadly disease passed by mosquitoes and is caused by a parasite. This parasite gets into the body through the bites of infected mosquitoes. Malaria is mostly common in tropical regions (countries) and has caused lots of death over the years.

What causes malaria: malaria is caused by a parasite called plasmodium. Plasmodium is passed to humans through mosquito bites. An infected mosquito can be a carrier when they bite someone who is infected with the parasite, malaria is then transmitted if this mosquito bites an uninfected person. this means that if a mosquito bites an infected person it can be transferred to another if the same mosquito bites another person that is uninfected.

Symptoms of malaria: you start feeling signs and symptoms when the parasite gets to your red blood cell. Some of the symptoms felt are fever, having the feeling of discomfort, headache, vomiting, stomach ache, joint and muscle pain, cough, high temperature and the feeling of being cold.

Steps to be taken to prevent malaria: since we know the cause of malaria, steps can be taken to prevent it. Some of which are: the use of mosquito net when sleeping, using of mosquito repellent and insecticides, avoid staying in open water areas where mosquitoes breed, wearing of protective clothes and vest that prevent mosquito bite.

Ali Bala iliya

Malaria is a cause by a bite from mosquito once it bite you they are every risk of you getting infected by the sickness and it will then lead to a malaria sickness but they are ways to treat this infection call malaria by sleeping in mosquito net, cleaning your surrounded, using mosquito .

johnwaop

ANOTHER CAUSE OF MALARIA IS EXPOSING YOURSELF TO AREAS WHERE MOSQUITOES ARE LIVING. FOR EXAMPLE. NIGERIA

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Malaria is the most deadly disease in the world and even dedlier than the HIV. But people do not always take it serious maybe because the regions that we are in Africa has strong immune system. I doubt if malaria is being treated with levity in advanced countries just like we do in most African countries.

This boils down to the fact that we don't have much information concerning malaria and its deadly effects which make it more difficult for us to give it much attention it really needs. This would reduce the spread of malaria and its effects.

Individual should be enlightened on the importance of clean environment. Mosquito, which causes malaria always lays its eggs in a stagnat water. So individual should be advised and enlightened not to leave stagnant water in their environment and make sure that they clean the environment they live.

We need to also make sure that NGOs also help in distributing mosquito net. And individuals should be taught the importance of sleeping under a mosquito me. Most people don't even knw the importance of mosquito net hereby don't attach much importance to it.

Government also make sure to give out some anti malaria drugs at a subsidized rate. This will help the poor to really afford the money that may be needed for the treatment.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
We are all familiar that the major insect carrier of the malaria parasite is mosquito . And when a mosquito bite a person the malaria parasite begins to spread inside the individual's body . Sometimes due to how strong and equipped some individuals immune systems are . The malaria parasite tends to die in the process of spreading . But in other and most cases , the malaria parasite still spread into the body until it reach the red blood cells . The mosquito bitten individual tend to feel weak , dizzy , loss of energy , followed by other health issues like vomiting , headache , stomach ache , high temperature , and fever . Knowing how deadly the mosquito insect is , wouldn't it be wise for us to know how to eradicate the insects from our environment so as to keep ourselves mosquito and malaria free .

Using an effective insect insecticide it's said to be one of the rampant and the most prominent ways of keeping mosquitoes away from our environment . We can also consider sleeping under a mosquito treated net during our bed time , this is to keep mosquito away from perching on our skin when we are sleeping . Sometimes it is due to how dirty an untidy our environment is that makes mosquito to be seen in our area . This is actually true , because stagnant water tend to be The place where mosquito breeds it eggs . And so getting rid of this area where stagnant water are also helps to keep our bodies mosquito and malaria free .

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I know how infectious malaria can be in the body system, and the most common means of it's transmission is through mosquito bite which transfer plasmodium to the body through its host especially here in Africa. In order to prevent such kind of occurrence is using insecticides to spray allover the room, and doing routine sanitation to destroy their breeding areas. I don't like such kind of occurrence so I wouldn't be prone to malaria infection that's why I try my best to cover myself with big blankets to make it hard for them to penetrate to my body and piercing my skin to soak from me which enables the transfer of plasmodium.