Real estate Making money online as a real estate agent

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
An estate management work is one that earns big money for the people doing it, as a matter of fact, when you tell someone that you are an real estate agent, what comes to their mind is that you must be rich. Well I will not dispute the fact that it is actually true because the profession truly has good income in it. If you are the exposed type and you have been looking for a way to earn more money from doing this job, I will advise you to try making use of the internet to promote your brand. What you do not know about taking one’s business online is that it is like an instant effective advertisement, the moment you are online, you will start gaining attention from people, and you might be able to convince someone that patronize you, and the other good thing about it is that, you will get easily referred through that. For example, if you advertise your brand on a radio or television, it is good though, but if someone happens to be interested in what you do, and they try to contact you, the comfort of getting your contact is not as suitable as posting online where they can see it easily as many times as they want.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You might find clients online, but as a real estate agent, you will have to work offline. When you are selling a house or land, you cannot convince people to buy just by showing pictures, you need to take them to a house or property tour. You might advertise your service online, but you will have to work offline.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Just like @Mika has rightly said, the only way you can make money as a real estate online is to get people online.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
You can promote your properties online. For instance, you can advertise on facebook and target your ad to the people based in your area. However, you cannot broker the deal online, you need to meet the person in real. Real estate business can be promoted online but can be executed only offline. Promotion is just 10 percent work, 90 percent work from house inspections to doing paper work would require a lot of offline work

greenieS

Verified member
You can very well advertise your properties on the internet, buy certain ads on social media like facebook / instagram, story etc but when the buyer gets in touch with you, you have to see him face to face to show him the property, no you can do it online.

You have to be in the buyer's place ... you see an ad on the internet but you want to see that house with your own eyes, right? It all comes down to the offline environment but you can make a good advertisement in the online environment. :)

Wiserr

An estate management work is one that earns big money for the people doing it, as a matter of fact, when you tell someone that you are an real estate agent, what comes to their mind is that you must be rich. Well I will not dispute the fact that it is actually true because the profession truly has good income in it. If you are the exposed type and you have been looking for a way to earn more money from doing this job, I will advise you to try making use of the internet to promote your brand. What you do not know about taking one’s business online is that it is like an instant effective advertisement, the moment you are online, you will start gaining attention from people, and you might be able to convince someone that patronize you, and the other good thing about it is that, you will get easily referred through that. For example, if you advertise your brand on a radio or television, it is good though, but if someone happens to be interested in what you do, and they try to contact you, the comfort of getting your contact is not as suitable as posting online where they can see it easily as many times as they want.
I agree with you about real estate online even though we all knows that real estate business is usually done offline,but I think when it comes to promoting real estate online one can be advertising his product online,I am very sure with that he fan get people who are interest in his product and get access to him.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Money can be made as a real estate agent and in the people's republic of Lagos, haha, I think real estate agents is one of the lucrative jobs one can get, if you think about it for a second, a lot of people are relocating to Lagos in droves every single day, and they need an accommodation so probably they'll get in touch with real estate agents, there are a lot of groups on Facebook for rent in Lagos alone and if you see a house that you like you can contact the poster and seal the deal.

So it's a supply and demand kind of thing.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I'll only advertise my real estate investment, if the one I invested in, is simply like the hotel type, commercial market, tourist centres, land etc. I wouldn't build a house which is simply on a mini style or level and decide to seek for advertisement for it. It. Will only go into advertisement of only, I built it to be a gigantic one, which is built in the urban area, strictly for commercial purpose.

I've seen lots of houses ad placement in my locality for diverse apartments to be rented, lease etc. So, such kind of advertisement is worth it, because when the customers start coming, the owner of such real estate investment will be on the profit side. And provided that, he keeps the house up to standard year after year, it will simply be attractive to people for sure, to rent, lease or even purchase it outrightly, if you drop the house for sale.

That's why building a standard commercial apartments, and in a marketable position will always attract suitors to come beg for the house, base on their own choice, if it happens to rent the apartment or simply lending it from the owner and paying it's fee.

HayKay

It's no secret that majority of businesses now need an online presence and that's not exclusive of those in the real estate sector.
Any real estate agent that's not having his brand or an online space to showcase what he/she is into is missing out on a lot as the world especially after the pandemic has taken digital marketing seriously thank before.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
A childhood friend who owns a realty company and who got rich in the business said that selling real estate is now in the internet. That means the marketing is mainly in the internet particularly social media postings. His client is a rich Chinese developer who buys big parcel of land to be made into a residential area. The most popular properties now that are easy to sell are the row houses which is small but cheap. Being affordable to the low income earners, the row house measuring 60 square meters in land with a floor area of 80 square meters for the 2-story structure is very attractive. Their main target buyers are those who are working abroad. They earn big salary and are always in search of an investment. Of course, the best investment is a home of your own.

However, the scheme of the investment is the pre-selling. That means you have to pay the monthly installment for 3 to 5 years before you can occupy the property. Actually the property is not built yet and all the agents show is the architectural design. Nevertheless they sell that way so I cannot argue with that. Online selling is now the name of the game.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There is no doubt that real estate agency is a very lucrative business anyone can venture into and make a lot of money for him or herself. Before you venture into this kind of business you must make sure that you have a lot of connections with people who are into real estate also because that alone can give you a lot of insights.

There is a friend of mine who is a real estate agent and he uses his WhatsApp to promote latest properties for sale and he makes some tangible amount of money from it. Promoting such services online can give you a lot of money but you actually need the right connections. you can go to local forums and promote such services because there are a lot of people who are ready to buy such properties there.

I have seen a lot of people promoting real estate properties on different forums. Instagram is another very good social Media platform which you can use to promote your real estate services and probably get a lot of people. this is because there are a lot of people on Instagram ready to purchase such properties.

The good thing about real estate agency is that in many cases, it does not require money to start and you can get up to 10% in every property sale.

here4u

Social Media is the game changer, as being a licensed Realtor I use local MLS, Realtor.com,Kvcore,Facebook ect ect. Contracts are all handled via internet. Listing do have to be in person to get virtual tours for the property so potential buyers can do showings on-line. Great investments can be made by flipping distressed homes. Its not real easy but it is possible. Good luck every investor.

Shigobad2020

I understand your point of view , when people heard you are a real estate agent , they believe you must be wealthy but they don't actually know that there's a different between a real estate agent and a real estate investor and even the real estate owner.

The real estate owner takes almost everything, I mean the gain while a person that invested in a real estate takes percentages out of the gain , but a real estate agents in my neighbourhood normally charges ten percent of the fund when a tenants rented a house , land or any property. Taking for example someone rented an apartment for 200,000 , the estate agent will claim 20,000 from the tenant specially and also collects 20,000 from the owner .

And you as a real estate agent can advertise your business online and offline , advertising offline inform of posters , billboard , advertising online through Facebook , whatsapp and other means possible.