Making and selling tv snack foods

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
TV snack foods are the favorite of my wife’s brother. We always bring a pack of pistachio, chips, fried pork rind (that we call chicharon here) and other snack items. That gives me the idea that making snack foods can be a home-based business.

When the lockdown was declared here and many have lost their jobs, one neighbor consulted me for a possible small business. I suggested cooking snack food. She experimented with matured corn kernels but not really for popcorn. It is fried to be crunchy and flavored with salt. But she added red pepper in the frying pan. The mix of salty taste with the spicy hot pepper gave the cornik a unique taste. We call it cornik to mean crunchy corn. Even when she was back to her job she cooks cornik once in a while for extra income.

arunima25

Verified member
Oh! Home made snacks are a big hit. I am not in to this business but whenever I plan to make it for my family on a weekend, I just post it in our Whatsapp group of residents in the apartment complex if someone needs it and it's first come first serve basis as I can not spend whole day cooking. So along with doing it for my family, I make it for two three more families and they come and collect it. Some of my snacks are very popular here. But then it's not my full time business.

D

Deleted member 28127

TV snack food are not healthy however you have to prepare meals at home and not eat in from of TV because you will eat a quantity of food that is greater mucher than when you eat not in front of TV so it is not recommanded at all so it may causes obesity. When eating moderated it will be better than eating in front of TV.

arunima25

Verified member
People are coming up with healthy options for snacks too. Going healthy is the mantra and so many people are just exploring ways to make snacks that are healthy and even taste good. No matter how healthy a food or snack is, overeating and binge eating is never good. It will cause health issues. And eating while sitting in front of TV makes one have no control over binging.