Make Money Selling Old Things Online

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You can make money online in different ways, and one way is selling your old stuff than throwing them without any gain. Money needs to be made from junks in your closets or garage. Do you have those old things you want out of home? Then try selling them off on the following sites will make you money:

• Declutt
  • Nextdoor
  • offerUp
  • letGo
  • 5Miles
  • Cash4Books
Each site comes with its own prerequisite to sell on the site. So you need to find out their requirement, to ascertain the best fit for you. Have you ever sold your old stuff online? What was your experience?

Chirunim

This article is nice but you didn't make mention of the possible items that could be sold there. Like there are different items from clothing to shoes to household appliances, how does it work?

Personally I prefer to give my old items to those in need than to sell them, this is because it helps them in one way or the other and by selling them it's not a guarantee that I make my money back.

I will take my time to review these websites which you have listed and hopefully it helps someone make money.

Regards and thanks for sharing!

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
It is very good that one sell off the property that is no more useful again so that it will not just occupy a space and make the surroundings clean.
Though most people do not belive that one can still make good money from selling old property but those people that use to recycling use to make good money from the business.

Rachael

Verified member
I've made money a couple of times by selling old items online. I was taught in history that waste could be turned to wealth and in my country, most especially in the northern part, we have people who pick all types of condemn materials and recycle them to finished goods and still use them to fix something or resale them. I have sold my old cooking pots which had some leakage some weeks ago and I got up to $2 which was enough to get me some few items. If I discarded them, I will not get the money.

There is a man I know, he pick cartons and ship them to another state, what I am saying is reality, he depended mainly on packing and shipping of cartons and today, that man is a house owner while we doing 9-5 jobs cannot boost of having a decent saving. I got really challenged yet motivated and since then, I realized that waste is a value if we use our creativity in thinking out new ideas. I have also sold some fairly used clothes at a subsidized rate when I was in need of money to add up for my tuition fees.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah it is really a great idea to sell off old stuff than throwing them away. but guess what the funny thing is that these things we throw away some other people pick them up, dust them and resale them. So you see we are throwing away avenue by which we would have made money

I can also relate with your stories whereby people package old things offline to sell, because I have people like this in my locality they move from house to house to asked for condemned things like iron and stuff to sell. I hear they sell these things to companies and they make good money.

So in essence if one needs to declutter the home, it will be a good idea but people needs to sell these things off and there are online sites to do this easily.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
We human beings have the capacity and the potential to change things . some of the things we change in life include our clothes , home appliances , furniture etc and sometimes when we change the things we throw the old one away just because we do not need them anymore . What if I tell you that there is a way that you can make money by selling your old used useful things . of course there is a website that you can market old useful things to other people who may be in need of it . The websites , Gigi and Alibaba our marketing marketplace . where you can market your old useful items to other people who may be in need of it at a good price in order to make a considerable amount of income .

To effectively and accurately market your product in this app you have to take a nice photo of the product or old product you intend to market . you must upload the photos of this home appliances , furniture , gadget or whatever old but still useful things you intend to sell . you do not even have to do in a lot of things because the website will do the marketing for you and in this way you get paid .

Mika

VIP Contributor
I do not know anything about the mrketplaces mentioned by the OP, however, I have used a couple of marketplaces to sell my old products.
I have sold old stuff online through facebook marketplace. It is a free platform to make money by selling online. If you want to use facebook marketplace, log into your facebook account on your mobile or web and go to facebook marketplace, and create your listing. Once your listing is complete, you also get the option to boost. I suggest you use this boost option because when you post your product listing you have a better chance of selling because you can reach the buyers in a short time. However, when you are boosting your product, you need to target your ad to the potential buyers bases on demography geography, interest etc.
eBay is also a good platform to sell your old stuff, but I have not used it. eBay is not popular marketplace in my country. There are a lot of alternatives. I have used local sites like ebay to sell my old stuff.
Etsy is another great place to sell old stuff. However, you cannot sell any random old stuff, they only want product that can be categorized as vintage item (a product that is at least 20 years old).