How to make money by selling your old unused stuffs

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Well I can’t really say this is a regular way to earn money because it is not something you can be doing every time, you can have the opportunity to do it maybe once in a year or in months, it depends on how much you buy stuffs and how early you get tired of using them. Imagine being a type of person that is very much into gadgets, I mean someone that loves spending his or her money on things like video games e.g PS, so maybe you bought the PS 4 version and when the latest was launched, you got so attracted to it to the extent that you were so eager to buy it and you did not mind selling off the one you have currently, then you can go to places like pawn shops to sell it off, you can make a quick yard sale to probably see if you can get someone interested in buying it, you can even go to online stores like eBay, on there, they give their members the chance to buy or sell both used and new items, so you can post it on the platform and I am sure that you will definitely get a buyer that will like it.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
People have been looking for apps or site to sell their used or unused items.Here are some of the ways;

marketplace
If you are looking for a broad audience to hock your wares, you can’t beat Facebook. The social media behemoth offers the free Facebook Marketplace, which may be an excellent option for you — especially if you are one of the over two billion users. If that’s the case, you don’t need to download an additional app.
A variety of items can be sold on FB Marketplace, including gadgets, gifts, household items and even houses.

Poshmark
Deemed a consignment platform, all things for sale on Poshmark are fashion-related. If you have used clothing in excellent condition, this is the app to use. Whether it be women’s, men’s or kids’ fashion, shoes or accessories, Poshmark allows you to list the item for free in its marketplace.

Craigslist
Craigslist is a website dedicated to classified ads. In addition to job advertisements, you can find a world of items for sale. While not as fancy as some of the other selling apps, Craigslist can be an effective and free way to sell your extra stuff. Posting is geo-based to help you narrow down a buyer in your area.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
It may be a nice business idea depending on the location of who is buying this old product to resell.. because people who are selling their old products do not really make profit but people who are fun of buying them every day might be able to sell it for a better profit compared to those people that are selling it out from their houses . A lot of people will always consider to buy already used products and other electronic gadgets from the Western countries like the United States or the Europe to resell it in some African countries..

Base on research concerning this business it may be a profitable business if you are able to get people to buy this product from you , a lot of people will always prefer to sell it online while others will also prefer to sell it physically in their shops.. sometime the stress of ordering this product from where you are buying it and ship it to your location is always the most difficult task in this business , that means you really need to have a trusted people over there that can secure this product and send it to you in your respective location.

E

eldavis

Selling of your old stuff to get extra money Is a good way to make money, there are cases where some persons run a yard sale or depending on your location, you.can simply tell people about the things you have to sell. The internet has also made it alot easier to run these things, there are sites you can register in , they specializes in selling second hand works, and you can easily find buyers depending what you are selling.

Mellorando

Banned
If you’re wondering, “what can I sell to make money from home?” I've got you! You can come up with side hustle ideas to make extra money. You can get rid of unwanted items without even leaving your house. There are so many ways in which you can generate extra cash right from the comfort of your own home.
Having extra cash is great, but you also want it to be easy. Here are some suggestions.

1. Sell old clothes
If you have some clothing that’s in decent condition, but you no longer wear it, try selling it. Many websites like Poshmark, Mecari, and Facebook Marketplace allow you to sell clothing, and you could make some money, especially for name-brand items.

2. Make jewelry
For those that are more creative, try making jewelry. You can start with one or two items like necklaces and earrings and slowly add more to the collection. People could buy from you in person, or you could open an online store.

3. Repurpose old phones
If you’re good with technology, try refurbishing or repurposing old phones. You can can buy older models online and then fix them up for sale to make some extra cash. Here are some great ideas for repurposing old phones.

4. Make decorative coffee mugs
Everyone loves a good coffee mug. Try making some with fun quotes or drawings using glue and/or paint. You can then sell your creations to friends, relatives, or online.

5. Make t-shirts
You can print t-shirts for money. It’s great to make some for businesses or companies that want to buy in bulk, but you can also do individual patterns and designs if you like. Sites like Printful and Printify are great for printing your own shirts.

6. Sell furniture
If you're struggling with the question of what can I sell to make money from home, furniture is a good place to start. Maybe you have furniture in your garage or in your house that gets little use. Clean it up and put that furniture up for sale!

7. Create planners or PDF’s
If you like to design things, try creating printable planner pages or PDFs. You can make all kinds of organizing printables like grocery lists, to-do lists, budgeting templates, and more.

8. Get paid to write
Writing articles or blog posts can be very profitable. Find a niche that you know a lot about or one that you want to know more about. Brush up on your communication skills and look for websites that are hiring freelance writers.

9. Do email marketing
Email marketing is a form of writing but focuses more on selling or getting people to engage with a website. It’s a great way to use your skills if you’re a good writer, and it usually pays well. The job category this falls under is freelance marketing.

10. Sell paintings or drawings
Do you love to draw or paint? Put your masterpieces up for sale online. Create, take some photos, and add your price. Check on the current market and see what art like yours will sell for.

11. Create a recipe book
This is a fun one. Create a book of original recipes and sell it as an ebook. People are always looking for new cooking ideas, which is a great way to make some passive income once you finish writing.

smithjj5

I had sale my old chair and now i am going to buy best recliner for sleeping at home. I found them best in quality and also these are in my budget and i am happy to find them within my budget. I would love to buy these products from an online website.

Caramelle

Our city's community FB page is often used by some members to sell both new and used items. There are other Facebook groups that are dedicated to buying and selling transactions. If you have several items to sell, you can try holding a one-day garage sale. You can also try selling your old stuff to friends or neighbors.

When I was working in a furniture manufacturing business, they usually hold semi-annual garage sales where they sell samples, prototypes, novelty items, and unfinished items to employees. The company sells these items to clear the factory of clutters and to raise funds for an event or occasion. I used to buy them in bulk and have them painted or fixed before selling them in a garage sale where they can fetch a better price. I can usually sell them at 10x their acquisition cost. Most items I bought were export-quality because the company was a furniture exporter. While the inventories mostly consist of furniture with artwork and special designs, I selected items that were unique and valuable such as steel dividers, steel benches, and metal bed frames. They were very easy to sell and it was one great way to augment my earnings in that company.​

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
It is quite possible for people to make money by selling their old item, people have been doing it but this type of business as I understand is just some sort of business that you can do to generate some money, but not really as a business you have to put your trust on because obviously you will not be having a product to be selling all the time, that is why I may not really consider it as something you should do for a longer period of time and in most cases they should only be done on emergency purposes.

Over here it is even possible for you to sell a lot of things because I've seen that so many things could be sold including electronics that are not useful anymore, and some other things like that and a lot of people are making money by selling most of these things.

Sometimes their prices are always quite low because people who are buying These things considered this them to be an unwanted products , so they may not likely be able to buy it at a reasonable price.

I believe it is just a business that can generate you some money an emergency purposes.

Austinaldo

Very good idea. This indeed can be a good money generator especially in situations where one is very cash strapped and needs something to sustain for the moment. I have clothes that most times I don't use them for over 3months. It is not like they are bad or something, it's just that I do not always have interest in wearing some of them. There's also shoes that I leave unused for over 2years. I could give them out but who does that when one can exchange them for a quick buck during difficult times. I know for a fact that there are people whose business is in reselling most of these used items. They buy them in bulk and sell them off at a very cheap rate. There's also distress sale marketers whose business is to source customers who are relocating from one place to another, and buy some of the unneeded home items from them. I think such business model can thrive well in developing regions where people move a lot. There are also online forums for such purposes. People simply post their items for sale. Platform such as this have escrow services that are put in place to ensure smooth transaction between users

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
It is very important to dispose the old stuffs that keep accumulating round the corners of your house. This could be very disturbing as it is more or less a trash because you longer use them. This piece of trash could be converted to money by selling them. You could list them on online marketplace for sales generation. In my home country, we have series of online markplace where you could sell the used stuffs. This used items could be sold and you will make your money very quickly on this marketplace. One of the most recognised online marketplace is jiji. You could sell anything here. It could be your old unused cars. Anything goes here and one would make his money very quickly instead of keeping them littering all the spaces in the house. This is the major reasons why this online marketplace was created. You will just need to secure a space there to showcase your goods or items. If you want to promote the item for quick sale, you will have to pay some token. With this, your item will appear at the top of the page in its category. We have different categories ranging from furnitures, cars, buses, household utensils etc. You just need to post on the category which the time you want to sell belongs..