How to Make Money By Reselling Old Items

Mika

VIP Contributor
Reselling items that you no longer use is one of the easiest ways to build your income, and also one of the best ways to build your business.

The concept was first popularized by eBay and now we have multiple platforms for this purpose. You can use the platforms like Mercari (sell anything), Poshmark (sell clothes), OfferUp (sell locally), and Facebook Marketplace. On these platforms, you can sell items that you no longer use. If you don’t have anything to sell, you can talk to your friends, family, and friends and sell their products, once the product gets sold, you can keep your commission and give the remaining funds to the product owner.

If you have some money to invest, you can do some research on reselling platforms and find the products that are most successful and procure those products from Alibaba so that you can resell on these platforms. Alternatively, you can visit a thrift shop to find a product you want to sell.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
What you've said here is ideal, I do resell old items of mine on a local online marketplace, which is jiji.ng. Jiji.ng got traffic, of you list your fairly used or refurbished item there, their is always potential suitors. But always keep the business clean, and never scam anyone, that's the ethics of the marketplace. If your item is damaged somewhat, you should state it in your terms for the buyers to know, so they wouldn't go on making mistakes while purchasing products from you. I've bought countless of products there mainly mobile phones. I never purchased clothes there, I've sold phones there, video games, and I've exchanged my console to a vendor there too. The marketplace is one of the best marketplaces when it comes to buying and selling of old or new products, digital or physical products they're everywhere. I'll look up to seeing what Etsy got, I've tried eBay before, just that, shipment was an issue for me here in my locality that's why I couldn't proceed to buying any product there, I wanted to get myself a Linus or Mac-OS PC, but unfortunately it didn't go as planned. So, I've decided to save up in order to buy from jumia directly.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Making money by reselling old items is a great way to supplement your income. It is easy to do, and you can do it in your spare time. The best thing about it is that there are so many different ways that you can make money by reselling old items, and there are always new opportunities coming up all the time. Here are some of the ways that you can make money by reselling old items:

Sell Your Own Items

One of the best ways to get started reselling old items is to sell your own unused or unwanted items. You do not need to spend any money on advertising or marketing when you sell your own items, but it does take some effort and time on your part before you can start making any money from them.

Sell Items at Garage Sales or Flea Markets

Another way that you can make money by reselling old items is by selling them at garage sales or flea markets. This option works well if you have plenty of extra space in your home where people can look through what you have available for sale, but it also requires some work on your part because it requires advertising as well as setting upup.