How To Make Money Reselling Hosting

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Hosting reselling involves buying and selling of hosting space to other websites owners this is ideal for bloggers or those with a network of webmasters and it should also be noted that reselling of hosting is not the same with affiliate marketing, in this case you own the hosting, that is you have to buy it before you can resell it.

Many hosting companies offers this kind of services but the one I'll recommend is bluehost.com because of how long they have been in the industry and the good reviews they have, so all you have to do is to sign up on bluehost and scroll down to their product page you'll see resell hosting, you'll then sign up and pay for the disk space, It is around ($35) per month and you will then resell it to other webmasters.

The only downside of this business in my opinion is you need to have a network of people that are into blogging but I think if you're good with marketing you can get a couple of small business owners you can team up with if you offer them some discount.

Hosting reselling has been around for a while and it can be a way to generate that passive income.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Don't try it if you don't know this business model. IN order to resell hosting, you need your own hosting company (a website that sells hosting plans), you will have to handle everything from setting up clients hosting accounts to solving technical problems. If you do not know the technical knowhow, how can you run this business. reseller hosting is just like dropshippin, you don't have to set up servers but you will be selling server space.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
@Mika is not really as hard as you think, there's a guide for almost everything and as I said in the thread, the most important thing is to get people that you can sell to, if you have that setting up servers is not hard at all, solving technical problems is not hard, if you can't solve it you can contact your hosting company and they'll help you.

I really like your view on this because you're viewing it from a different perspective, anyone that is interested in reselling hosting should go ahead and when you stumble on a block you can ask questions either here In the forum or on quora, you'll definitely find helpful answers.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Reselling web hosting is one of the profitable business online unfortunately only few people are engaging in it because majority of the people don't see the potential.

The first step is to start doing seminar about how to build website and teach people. you can command a reasonable price for the seminar in order to teach people basic of how to build a website.

During the course of seminar you can as well introduce you're hosting company to them to host their website with. You can also give them a discount offer all all the packages so as to have more people signing up with your hosting packages.