Local Magazines Vs Online Magazines: Which One is Better?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Writing is a hobby and professional of many different kinds of people in the world. There are many people who tend to be writers and they write for local magazines and some of them write for online magazines. Honestly speaking, writers who tend to work in English speaking countries and tier 1 countries like the United States might get higher rates and more opportunities as compared to writers who tend to work for local magazines in tier 3 countries.

Online Magazines

If you search for online magazines, then you will come to realise that majority of the online magazine companies are located in the united States and they accept manuscripts from writers who belong to the United States. However, the pay rates of those magazines are quite high. The AARP magazine pays around $1 for each word. You can also try some other sites such as Hakai magazine. They also pay around one dollar for each word.

Local Magazines

The local magazines in many tier 3 countries may not pay well. I think that this is why a few people might be able to send their magazine to online magazines and negotiate payment terms with them. Around seven years ago, I was told that I would get paid $10 per article by the local magazine. These rates are definitely low. So, what is the best option?

I would have loved to be writing for online magazine because I know I will be paid well, but unfortunately, as you have stated majority of these online magazine companies are in the united States which makes them to only accept manuscripts from writers who belong to the United States.

The thing is that the pay rates of these online magazines are quite high. You can imagine writing a magazine and getting paid $1 for each word. This will be a full time job for me

in my country I don’t even think these local magazine are even working , people are no longer reading magazine people are all about sending magazine to online magazines and negotiate payment terms with them you would get paid better than just getting just $10 maybe per magazine offline. So I will prefer online magazine but my problem is where to start that I will be accepted to submit mine