Lifting weights after 65

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In another post I had mentioned about Freddie, the former star basketball player and senator who is now 75 (or 76 to my estimate). He admitted that he is a gym addict who does his workout every day for 3 to 4 hours. From his pictures that showed his nice biceps and triceps he is obviously lifting weight. It makes me wonder when he will stop his workout on weights. I have read an article that when you are 65 only light workouts are appropriate and lifting weights may have an ill effect on the body.

I understand the body abuse that you can do when you engage in sports at a later age. There were cases of a heart attack or a fatal stroke while playing. With lifting weights one gym owner named Tom suffered a heart attack and died at age 60. This is just a food for thought to the seniors.

Paridhi

In another post I had mentioned about Freddie, the former star basketball player and senator who is now 75 (or 76 to my estimate). He admitted that he is a gym addict who does his workout every day for 3 to 4 hours. From his pictures that showed his nice biceps and triceps he is obviously lifting weight. It makes me wonder when he will stop his workout on weights. I have read an article that when you are 65 only light workouts are appropriate and lifting weights may have an ill effect on the body.

I understand the body abuse that you can do when you engage in sports at a later age. There were cases of a heart attack or a fatal stroke while playing. With lifting weights one gym owner named Tom suffered a heart attack and died at age 60. This is just a food for thought to the seniors.
wow that is great ! I understand if you have a strong will then you can do such work out after 65. One of my uncle is also 65+ and he is also use to do the work out at his home. He has a full set up of a gym and he always work out there for 3-4 hours. Really it is a good thing and it will keep you healthy and fit.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yes I read the post you were talking about the man some few weeks ago ,but I think the man know the level of his strength when engaging in some activities in the gym .you shouldn't just engage in so much exercise to a point that it started affecting your body negatively . He has a lot of health medical advisers that help him and how to do it safely.