let me convince you to make a budget

D

Deleted member 13140

You claim that you know where your money goes and that you don't need it all written down in order to keep track of it? This is the challenge I've set for you. For one month, keep account of every money you spend, and I mean every penny.
Even if it's a sweet/candy.

You'll be surprised at how much the small expenses add up to. Multiply the total you spent on one useless item for the month by 12 to represent months in a year, and then by 5 to represent 5 years.
In just five years, you might have saved that much AND earned interest. That, my friend, is precisely why we all require a budget.

Lets Do a quick math
We can achieve financial success if we can keep track of the minor expenses that don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Okay let's not talk about financial success, You want to buy some cool thing, by the end of 1 year

It's the little things that matter. In a five-day work week, cutting your lunch expenditures from $5 to $3 per day saves you $10... $40 every month equates to $480 per year, or $2400 over five years, with interest.
See what I mean? It's the little things, and you're still eating lunch every day. Plus, that was only one way to save money in your daily life without sacrificing something essential. If you look for them, there are many places where you may save money.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Hmmmm, it makes alot of sense indeed, budgeting is key to having a response spending habit, I wonder how things would look like if we all don't budget and just spend as it comes we will all be living a broke life. Because there will definitely be wastage and people will not express any level of discipline in financial matters. Infact as a nation we will be definitely poor. Budgeting has really done alot of good to responsibility government, and individuals.

But in your analysis about spending $5 on food and cutting it down to $3 will likely be a very tough one for some household because some even live on less than $2 per day.

D

Deleted member 28127

It is possible to gain or to make a budget is to reduce your unnecessary daily expenses like unhealthy foods and by these little saving like for example we have a break fast and launch and diner but you may eat something at 10 o'clock which leads to unnecessary expenses cumulative which you can simply skip such expense then you may attempt by these small steps by attempting a good budget.