Jockey From Horse Racing Industry Can Be A Millionaire But The Profession Is With Full Of Risks.

A K Rao

A good jockey can be a millionaire, as he is wanting by the owners to ride their horses at a premium fee. Many times we get the foreign jockey to ride one of the horses owned by the farm in one of the big races in India. This is a common feature.

But the biggest setback in this profession is accidents because of which the Jockeys can suffer small injuries to very big injuries. Some jockeys can even die in the accidents, Few jockeys in India died this year when the racing was on before the lock down.

This is the most unfortunate part of the profession. Because of this high risk activity in the lives of the jockeys, the lives are always insured.

So the profession of Jockey is very lucrative but it is with full of risk! What you say?

D

Deleted member 28127

I think this is matter of lack because there is many jockey in the world but minority could be millionaire like any other job like hear dresser or for example doctor as riding horses to participate in competitions and win a prize is matter of lack also. This is because a horse can for example be ill in the time of competition or tired. This is good profession but you need a lot of patience to attempt your goals.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was a teenager I was invited to train to be a jockey. I already had an arrangement with a horse owner (there was no formal jockey training during that time like now that there is an academy). But on my first trip to the race track my mother got angry with the idea. I was a college student so she said that I just concentrate on my studies. A jockey is like a celebrity. With the risk, the injury can