Investing on a race horse

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My wife’s brother is a race horse trainer. He once offered me to buy one of the horses in his stable for $4,000 which is cheap. A champion horse costs from $20,000 up. The horse named Shelltex is 8 years old and has only about 2 years in its racing life hence it is cheap. A win in the race has prize of $2,000. That means only 2 wins by Shelltex can recoup the investment.

I trust my brother-in-law so I was making some computations on how to raise the full amount. Unfortunately my wife disagreed because a race horse can figure in an accident aside from the fact that old horses become runners with slim chances of winning. To make the story short, my wife was right. The horse won just once and never figured in the winning position anymore.

I just believe that they are so much more to race horses than just actually the way they are. If you will look critically horses that have been performing very well I actually horses that their parents we are known to be good horses. If you will want to buy a horse for race you should also do some research that has to do with genetics.