Jobs vs. Self-Employed: Which is Better

Mika

VIP Contributor
Some people do not like working for others and want to be self employed. Some people find self employment too risky. Choosing between working for others and being your own boss depends on your priorities. Employment offers a steady paycheck and benefits like pension and insurance, providing financial security. But income growth can be limited, unless you become a CEO or reach managerial position, it is not possible to draw a fat salary. Self-employment, though flexible and potentially lucrative, comes with higher responsibility and less stability. You need to assess your needs and goals to make the best choice for you.

Etini

Valued Contributor
There is no way we can definitely say that one is better than the other. It depends on factors like personality, and life goals of a person. One thing is sure though,.if any is done properly, one can make good money, build a good career/ reputation around any and peak at either business or paid employment.

The solution lies in everyone consciously trying to know themselves. Armed with that ability, you would be able to choose if entrepreneurship is ideal or jobs is Ideal for you. As for me, I believe in constantly taking responsibilities and generating good ideas, that's why entrepreneurship is best for me.