Is The Real Estate Business Really An Overrated Business?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Real estate business is a sort of business that is considered not only lucrative rather it is also considered a business through which a person could gain a lots of exposure and experience about selling properties. It is a kind of business that allows you to gain much knowledge about commercial properties and become a professional real estate agent, too. However, I think that there are many aspects of this business that many people overlook. For example, in my country the real estate business is a quite controversial business.

I mean it is controversial in the sense that there is too much fraud involved in this business. Other than that, many people do not actually make money just by investing in to the real estate business. Many people have invested money in the real estate business and they suffered from big losses due to market fluctuations and some other complexities. Other than that, I think that real estate business requires you to invest a huge amount of capital and not all the people have that much capital. It is a type of business that relies a lot on the policies made by the government. So, is it somehow a kind of business which is somewhat overrated?

The truth of the matter is that there is no business that is fraud free. Once people see how lucrative a particular business is, there would always be some persons who would want to take advantage of the situation. The best thing is to always be careful and make sure you have made proper research before taking any action.

Real estate business is not an overrated business. The venture of real estate had long been existing but it did not have a name such as real estate and even companies. Now, real estate is studied in the school curriculum of some tertiary institutions. Prior to this time, oil and gas business was seen as the most profitable business, where people even had to vandalize and break oil pipes just so they could get some quota of oil to sell but presently, the table has turned and real estate is now a new goldmine. This business has become really professional because it is no longer done haphazardly. The presence of real estate offices and companies which is duly registered with the government corporate affairs commission has made the business more authentic.

The real estate business has even brought about the development of Geographic Information Service(GIS), where it is now expanding in most states in my country. I happened to have worked with this a real estate company owned by some private foreign bodies with partnership with the started government although presently, it was bought over by the state government. I got to realize how profitable this business could be. It exposed me to so many activities like; property registration, land mapping etc..

Real estate business can never be an overrated business because I have enjoyed its dividends from a third-party which is my grandfather. My grandfather worked with a government organization and during his 35years of civil service, he had a retirement plan, which he tried his possible best to stick to it. After 5years in civil service, he started saving 30% of his total salary in a separate account which he had no access to until 10years later, after the money had reached its maturation stage, he invested in purchasing of lands in rural and sub-rural areas.

He utilized it for so many ventures which fetched him a lot of money and more properties. He became a farmer even while in service, but he employed farmers in carrying out the activities, since the cost of machineries in doing the work would be so expensive. He had a coca farm, plantation farm, cereal farm of all kinds and also an oil palm farm. He reared livestock of almost all categories and made a lot of sales and also encountered challenges and losses. My point is, no matter the challenges and risks, the business and investment in real estate was and is still profitable because I enjoyed the dividends while he was still alive.

Yes it is among one of the most overrated investment in the world because a lot of people do not have opportunity to invest in real estate even though they are just looking for opportunity to do so . The reason is because a real estate requires a lot of money and because of this it is only limited to certain people especially those with the financial ability to invest .

In most cases anyone can also invest in real estate most especially in the rural settlement because this may not likely be the type of location that you have to invest heavily or you need to have a huge sum of money for you to be able to invest . In the rural settlement people can start their investment with as low as $200.

Even though it may be cheaper for real estate properties to be secured in the rural settlement but yet it may not still be profitable , sometimes it might takes many years for development to reach the location you have secured your property and that is only when you can be able to sell your property for a reasonable profit. Urban settlement is always more profitable .