is it possible to be motivated by failure?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Most successful business men have their own share of failure. For most of them who failed as young entrepreneurs now have successful business they own.

Steve Jobs once said “I didn’t see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. Failure unlocks the most creative minds of an entrepreneur whose taste for success is close to none. Persistency is one of the major characteristics of a successful business man.

is it possible to be motivated by failures in the past?
Yea one can learn from somebody mistake or failure . some time you learn more faster from someone mistake and by so doing you to will not like to make the same mistakes.
When you about about the most successful people then you will know that they are ones a failure.
To fail is not the end of life but it will teach you how to correct your self. So when you fall make sure that you rise again.
You a not a failure until when you stop to try again.

Haypril

A good and reliable business man / investors will take all it takes to succeed in whatever he had established. Moreover, there are different ways everyone get his or her motivation. And the event that surrounds the failure might be the very reason to get motivated. So failure should not limit anyone, it should be a source of motivation to everyone.

D

Deleted member 27126

Most successful business men have their own share of failure. For most of them who failed as young entrepreneurs now have successful business they own.

Steve Jobs once said “I didn’t see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. Failure unlocks the most creative minds of an entrepreneur whose taste for success is close to none. Persistency is one of the major characteristics of a successful business man.

I think I have seen thread talking about being motivated by failure times without number and I have always given my opinion about it anytime I see it. I won't he lazy enough to give my opinion about it here as well. You see, failure comes to the body as a total knock down and it is a person who is not affected by it that sees it as something of motivation. I believe that as a person who owns business, it's not until you start experiencing failure that you now learn.

Segat

Experience they say is the best teacher, failure is an experience either we like it or not. It is part of what makes us in the nearest future, so it is one of the things that motivate us especially in business. The truth is if you have failed something before, you will want to do it again to show that you are bigger than such challenge.

Hena101

Yeah its because most of the successful people we know today and the wealthiest people that the whole word celebrate are product that failure produces why them been persistent and consistently overcoming failure whenever they encounter them. So to me failure can motivate anyone as long as he refused to give up and setting his eyes on the goal that he first set before starting the journey into the business

Georgeadawara

Failure is not the end of your success but it only makes you to stand more stronger than before the part of failure in business it should be a lesson and a motivation for you as a business man. In a business you always expect loss that is sometimes you can face failure.and that should help you to prepare more better than before.

Godsplan

Yeah, failure is a very good form of motivation to entrepreneurs. As an entrepreneur, you are always concerned with two options and they are failure or success. And from my experience, l don't learn much if l succeed because I always feel l know it better. But l do learn a lot when I failed a particular activity especially when it's relating to finance.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
People who have direction in life actually motivated by failure and I take it as a stage of experience. But people who are not directional in life and of course are not discipline will be weighed down whenever the fail. That you have failed so many times does not make you a failure, you will be considered a failure when you accept that you have failed.

Khezo

A lot of people will tell you that they made or achieve what they are currently by having or failing in one business or the other. Failure can make someone sit-down and restrategise about the business plan and how the business should be run. So definitely failure can be either a good and a bad thing. But most times it comes out bad. But the most important thing is to get up after each failure. One day it would be okay

springtech

Different things for different people, different strokes for different folks. What works for one person might not work for another person. We all have different things that motivate us. Some of us are only motivated bu success, some by rewards or compensation, some by awards, some by recognition. So i believe there are people whose source of motivation is failure. The fear of failure alone drives them to give their best efforts so they can achieve the best result.

Maven Tiger

Highflyer

Yes it is very possible to be motivated by failure, when you fail you go on to make more plans that can increase your chances of success. Failure is common to most entrepreneurs and they use this to motivate themselves. You tend to strive and work harder when you fail because you don't want a repetition of such failure.

Nii41

Ofcourse it is possible, when you fail, you should be motivated to do better rather than give up. Nobody in this life is above failure, I dont think there is anyone that has not experienced that at some point in their lives. It is okay to fail, what's not okay is when you fail and give up, or hate yourself for it. All you have to do is to check and analyse what caused that failure and ensure you do not repeat that thing again. When one fails, what is expected from them is to learn from the experience and avoid failure at all cost.

Kabak95

It is worth noting how important failure is on the path to success. Everyone who has ever truly succeeded has overcome hurdles and pushed through times of difficulty. Failure motivates them to keep going, to keep getting better.

Rachelgold

It is very possible, but that will depend on the mindset of the person involved. Business is a risk so when one ventures into any business he should have it at the back of his mind that there are bound to be failures at some point but then your positive mindset should out weight the other in the case of any failure though it might not be easy.

IamDozzy

It is very possible to be motivated by failure. People that really want to succeed when they fail, they see it as an avenue to learn from their failure and thereafter improve on it. Successful business owners aren't afraid to fail because they know when they fail they would come out stronger. The mistakes they made they won't ever make such in the future. Every successful person in this world has experienced failure at one point in his/her life.

Ekuvero

Everyone has his or her own source of motivation. A good businessman or businesswoman would ensure he doesn't end up been bankrupt which is an attribute of failure in a business, though failure in a business is inevitable cause nobody is perfect that's much more better to learn from past mistakes or other people business failures to amend your leadership skills in a business. some are motivated not to make the same mistake which brought about past business failures others are motivated with success

Queentener

Failure is a big motivation to success have you seen does rich and Powerful people it was because the failed initially that pushed them to the extreme, so I'm saying failure has a major role to play in becoming successful. Although not all successful people are motivated by failure, but there are people who are motivated by failure of the past.

marcusfe

Being motivated by failure is a sign of strength though it is not an easy thing. For itself is a part of experience. The most important way a man can gather experience in life is through failure. When someone fails in a particular venture, it is left to the person to decide whether to be down with the pain of failure or to get encouraged and and fire up again. When you motivated yourself through your failure it is not likely for you to fail in that area again.

D

Deleted member 30343

Yes! Weather in business or in life many get motivated by failure, am a living example, in my school days I failed a lot, when I notice that my cause mate as left me behind, I became motivated and struggle harder to cash up with them.