Auto Insurance Is It Necessary To Insure A Learner Driver

uforwealth

Verified member
There are many insurance companies out there that make provisions for learner drivers' insurance policies.

The insurance companies only cover a learner driver during driving tests only if the policyholder is using a car that does not belong to him or her to practice. After the test, when the insured has passed and obtained the driver's license, such a person is no longer under the protection of the insurers. However, if that person is being trained by driving schools, the person will have been automatically insured because he or she has unknowingly paid for insurance service when making payment for driving fees. So, it is not necessary for such a person to worry about paying again for protection.

What the insured must not do to claim compensation is to always drive with the guidance of an expert otherwise, he or she will not get compensated whenever there is a loss or damage to the borrowed car.

My question is this. Is it necessary to insure a learner driver?

Jamoflondon

Verified member
I know there might be reasons to insure a learner driver but from my perspective I don’t think it is necessary because it is not a long period activity, it could actually be done within weeks. So I don’t think the stress is worth it. But if it’s needed in some special cases though it can be bought

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To be frank, there are some things that those insurance companies do like at while insuring vehicle. Among them is the competency of the drivers. They don't always issue the insurance on vehicle to people that are still learning. Because they know there may be high chance of accident in such a case.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I think this is a matter of choice and the financial status of the learner. But this particular type of insurance, would it be bought by the driving school or the person learning the driving? Because I don’t think it is necessary for the driver since it’s not going to be done for a long time

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I don't think the insurance company would like to offer such policy because if the person is insuring the learners driver against the risk of accident ,. I think such could easily happen since the driver is still a learners , I will make my research on that because I am not really sure about it

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I don't think the insurance company would like to offer such policy because if the person is insuring the learners driver against the risk of accident ,. I think such could easily happen since the driver is still a learners , I will make my research on that because I am not really sure about it
That is exactly my view. There is high tendency that the accident or anything insuring a young learner against may happen. So insurance company will not want to be in agreement with such a a contract because it means they may run into loss and they want to make money as well.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
That is exactly my view. There is high tendency that the accident or anything insuring a young learner against may happen. So insurance company will not want to be in agreement with such a a contract because it means they may run into loss and they want to make money as well.
Yeah exactly they are a business entity and their goal is not just providing service to the insurer but also Makin g profit ,the ones I Know about is that if they see that the drive is not capable of driving and doesn't have a good years of driving ,it might be hard for the driver to be given a. Insurance policy that would cover accident

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Yeah exactly they are a business entity and their goal is not just providing service to the insurer but also Makin g profit ,the ones I Know about is that if they see that the drive is not capable of driving and doesn't have a good years of driving ,it might be hard for the driver to be given a. Insurance policy that would cover accident
They may not even give him any insurance policy. Before one invest on auto insurance policy. The insurance company will ask for some documents that may include driving license. This is to certify whether the persons is a lie to drive the car perfectly or not. This is done by th insurance companies to reduce the chance of the occurrence.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
They may not even give him any insurance policy. Before one invest on auto insurance policy. The insurance company will ask for some documents that may include driving license. This is to certify whether the persons is a lie to drive the car perfectly or not. This is done by th insurance companies to reduce the chance of the occurrence.
And also the driver license and other documents is another proof to show that the car is not a stolen one , so they would do all this to be sure of the person they are giving the policy to, before they give him an insurance policy to deal with , they are also trying to protect their image

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I think this is a matter of choice and the financial status of the learner. But this particular type of insurance, would it be bought by the driving school or the person learning the driving? Because I don’t think it is necessary for the driver since it’s not going to be done for a long time
That is the question we need to ask. Who will buy the insurance policy? Is it the school that is teaching the learner or the learner himself. That's why I said the insurance policy on this may not be feasible because it is not measurable and insurance doesn't deal with something thst is not measurable.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Already learner drivers are simply at an advantage, cos if they incur accident driving with a learner's car it is expected that, they won't be charged for wrong doing when they unknowingly hit someone via accident and the person succumbing to death. Such scenarios have happened and the law set the learner free cos it is on a written agreement.

ash887

100% you have to insure a learner
my sister got a car recently even though she hasn't got her license yet but she has to insure the car before she can take it out (ofcourse with her driving instructor with her or a person who has had a license for more than 3 years)

Phabbyfundz

Before proceeding we have to first understand the try purposes of insurance and insurance companies alike. Insurance serves as a means of indemnity against and unfortunate happening of uncertain events and as driver be it a learner vehicle or an expert would all need insurance alike. No one wishes for uneventful occurrence or crises but insurance helps you when you the need arises.