Is it good for an employee to ask or know about salary before resuming for work?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Unemployment has really dealt with so many country this days.

Many graduate are there outside there without gaining or getting any job despite of many qualification and certificate they are holding with them.

I have read some articles about job interview that says that it is not good and proper for some one to be eager to ask or know the total amount of salary that one will be receiving .

What made me to ask this very question is that ;I was call for an interview and after the interview I was lucky to be choose as the person who is good for the job.

After then I had been expecting to know my salary until the day they called me to resumed.

But to my suppressed what I saw written inside my letter was too below my expectation.

Before I applied for this very job I had seen one job that pays more than what they wrote inside the letter.

Now the resumption letter had been given to me and I do not know what to do at that moment either to tell them to add more money or to quite the job.

This had been a point of dilema for me because if I should quite there is no job for me again at that moment.

Should one now blamed him/self for not asking for the salary the company will be paying before taken up a job?

Richee84

I think is good for any employee to know his/her salary befor taking up any job. What an employee work for is salary and so there is need to know what they are working for. I don't the employee will be too forward to ask or enquire of it, wages/salaries should be one of the negotiating factor before accepting any job offer.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Already before you're given the job on a permanent basis you'll be stated about your contract you've gotten from them. From the contract agreement you'll learn how much you'll earn based on the contract and how many years will you stay before bowing out or going out on retirement if you'll hang on for long.