Is it Easy to Make Money From Your Own Online Store?

Mika

VIP Contributor
A lot of people will tell you that creating your own online store is one of the best ways to make money. However, how true is this suggestion? In other words, can you actually make money from your online store? What does it take to make money from your online store?

If you want to build an online store, you need to spend money. Even when you are not using shopify which has high subscription fees, you still need to pay for domain and hosting

You also need a marketing budget because without running ads, you cannot build traffic and generate sales. You might have to spend at least $100 on ads every month. If you cannot generate sales to cover your advertising budget, you will be spending from your own pocket.

In order to generate sales you need traffic, if you depend only on ads, your cost will increase. You will have to use free traffic sources like SEO, but SEO is a hard nut to crack.

Finger Geek

Verified member
I don't think that SEO is what a new online store really needs to make sales. I am not saying that we should not work with SEO. It is good because it can lead customers from search engines to our online store, but it is not quick and we should aim for something that is quick because we can not wait for months to get sales for our products.

So the best way for is to run a successful online store is to have enough money for the business. What we will do is to spend money on advertisement. This is the only way that our online store can receive lots of customers to buy our products.

Another way is to practice affiliate marketing by paying affiliate marketers to to promote our products and this is very good because the affiliate marketers will only get paid in commission from each sales they bring to the store.

Sikapa

Verified member
That is a very good way to make money online. Making money from online through your own online shop is the best way. Most people are owing online shops and they are making numerous money bit it is not easy to own online shop too. From what I learnt, one need to invest huge amount of money before he or she can own online store.

But there are some ways to own your online shop and some of these ways are by clickbank, amazon, Digistore24 and others. These are already online stores create by a group of people or a company and you are to pay for it before you can create your own store. Rakuten also gives you the chance to create online store where you can sell your products and make money. I think these are the best ways I know so far about creating your own online store.