Is it advisable to resign from your job immediately after starting a business?

Haibso2003

More and more white-collar workers are discovering the secrets of enterprenuership and are venturing into it. However there's a common thing being exhibited by new business owners: resigning from their jobs to focus on the business fully. Do you think that's a right thing to do? Despite the importance and relevance of business in today's world, I still don't think it is right to quite your job at the early stages of your business.
The job is probably what will keep you on maintenance as you grow your business and you could even get some funding from your monthly salary. Now I am not saying that one shouldn't focus on us new business but it might be just too soon to quit your job. Especially since young businesses are laced with uncertainties.. In starting a business it would be good I'd special time is allocated to the business to grow it and build it.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is the reasons why people failed already in life, you don't sit down to think things through. Any knowledgeable person will know that the best time to resign from a job and focus squarely on his business is when the business has established it's foundation. You don't just abandoned your job especially a well paying one for a business that you are just starting. Business isn't as easy as we are made to believe, so people needs to calm down with things before embarking on them to avoid regrets

For me I will prefer combining the two if the job is well paying, then I can employ a competent hands for my business. Then anytime I'm free I will take a thorough look at my books of account to be sure that nothing is Amiss. Again, I might go ahead to spend money on professional like a chartered accountant to come around even quarterly to evaluate the business and check the books to be sure my business is moving as it should.

So back to your question it will be bad for anyone to leave their job for a new business. Best bet is to grow the business to a certain level before quitting ones job.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It doesn't really make sense. Business is not something you can really predict. You should at least give some time to know the trend at which the business is moving. If it is going as planned., then there is need to resign and then face it snd vice versa to prevent losing the both chances