Resign before retirement age or working till retirement age which one is advisable?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I have seen many people working in one organization ,company or under government till retirement age without achieving any tangible thing in life likewise some had really doing great thing in life.

In between this two scenarios; i concluded that; those that has been working for good 35years in service or retired at the age of say 65years and yet not building house,buying car or even sponsoring their children to good school have one problem or the other with them self.

Some of them do not have plan for after retirement age on what are they going to fall on . They only relied on the salary or wages paid to them and before they know it ; the time had already gone.

But those that really made it during and after their retirement had in one way or the other invest part of what they received as wages or salary along the way.

Actually I will advised that its better to start a business along the way while still working and as the business is growing one can quickly resign from the job and focus on the business.

Resign before retirement age or working till retirement age which one is advisable?

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I will say, it's better to retire before the retirement age, so as to have enough time to enjoy the rest of your life. You don't want to work till old age, I don't think that's good for someone's health. That's why it's good to invest or start a business earlier before retirement age, so you can have something to fall back on, even if you retire early.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
One thing that makes a lot of people not to achieve great things in life is lack of proper planning because sometimes workers tends to be carried away by salaries they receive on monthly basis. some of them do not know that they have to actually save and invest wisely because a time will come when they will retire and such income will no longer be coming again.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
For me I will want to work still the retirement age. Starting a business can still be carried out in the course of one's working, it shouldn't just be about resigning for a business alone. As I used to say business success isn't a day job you need to put in a lot to succeed at it that's the truth Sometimes you need a gradual process to scale through. This is why people can do business for years with nothing to show for it. The business terrain Is a dicey one and isn't what one should just resign to permanently stay in.

In my country until you reach the retirement age and resign properly I don't think you would be able to process your pension and gratuity easily. I even see some people that retired properly going through stress to get their money so I wondered for those that just resigned on their own. I don't think it makes much sense. if you have about 10 years to retirement, then I will advised anyone to stay still then. But you can start your business and continue to manage it on the low still you are retired then you can go full time with it.