Is it advisable to have one business doing before retirement age?

Though in some advance country some people working under government might decided not to be doing other business apart from the government work they are doing mainly because their system of governing their is very good and encouraging.

I belive if the government is doing well by taking good care of their workers and their families there is no need for somebody to be running here and there for any other businesses.

But in a country where there is its not sure that they will be paying your pension talk of your gratuity it is very advisable to have one business doing apart from that government job.

There are some under develop country that they do not have any good plan for their workers to the extent that after retirement many of them become beggars in the street. Its very saddened.

I belive many we have one advise or the other to give In other to help those that are presently working under government and this will really help.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Though in some advance country some people working under government might decided not to be doing other business apart from the government work they are doing mainly because their system of governing their is very good and encouraging.

I belive if the government is doing well by taking good care of their workers and their families there is no need for somebody to be running here and there for any other businesses.

But in a country where there is its not sure that they will be paying your pension talk of your gratuity it is very advisable to have one business doing apart from that government job.

There are some under develop country that they do not have any good plan for their workers to the extent that after retirement many of them become beggars in the street. Its very saddened.

I belive many we have one advise or the other to give In other to help those that are presently working under government and this will really help.

I will say a big Yes to this, it can’ be boring staying idle all day after retirement. Even starting a business after it might be tasking. So it is good to set everything in motion before your retirement. This will help stabilize you as you just swiftly move from your job to the business

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I am not sure if advanced countries permit working in a governemnt place and still running your own private business. In fact is is a criminal offence in my country to do so. The reason is that you may be using the public money to run your private business or not concentrate on the public work. But public worker can invest before retirement age.

Good luck

Verified member
It is very advisable to have something doing before one retired finally from serving any organization because the retirement renumeration that people do depends on always fail a lot of them,some retirees even give up the ghost before it will be approved some retirement money will be received by next of kin due to the fact that the fellow doesn't have any other side work doing.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
If you know you can manage that one business well without any obscurity till your retirement time then it is not bad provided you're making money out from the business consistently. That will enable to earn better in the later stages of your life which is duly at retirement when the body is said to rest after long period of stewardship.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
It is very much advisable for individuals to work on starting a business using the money they get paid from their jobs as it would be very helpful to them in the long run, especially in a situation where the pensioners are not getting their Payment often as it is obtainable in so many developing countries.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If you have a good job that gives you enough salary for your needs then I would prefer that you stay in the job. Working for long can give you a good retirement benefit and you can also build up your retirement pension. With a business you are not sure what can happen. When you go bankrupt then nothing is left for you.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Having a business before retirement is not a bad thing. Infact, it will make you independent on the pension that you will be receiving. If you invest in a solid business that brings a good return of profits for you, then you would not have to worry too much about your retirement.....You should be looking to expand your business. Pensions will be bonus for you.