Trading Discussion Is forex trading a gamble?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Forex trading has been in existence for a long period of time. Forex trading is one of the ways in which people are making decent income from the internet.

Some companies are also engaging in forex trading on full-time basis. They engage in forex trading to make money for the companies as well as their investors.

A friend of mine also told me that some of the top managers in their banks are Trading Forex with people's money to make profit for themselves.

I am yet to understand how people are making money with forex trading. It seems that lot of people are losing money than they are making profit with forex trading.

I have a friend always post about dip in forex trading market and this indicate loss most of the time.

This makes forex trading look like a gambling to me. I want to ask that is forex trading a gambling or an investment?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
For the fact that forex has some similarities with gambling doesn't make it gambling to me. There are some well laid down principles which must follow of truly the players want to play the game well. But in gambling, the outcomes of the result may not necessarily depend on the players.

cashisking149

This is the same as saying I don't know how people are making money from medicine when I know so many that don't and they've put a plaster on a cut before.

Those that make the money have taken the time to stick at learning and practicing like one would studying medicine. Those that come along and don't learn well and don't practice for a short period and then ask where the money's at represent most of the 90% that fail.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
The difference is that with strategies you can make more money on forex trading with ease ,while gambling requires more of luck ,if your aim and goal is to make more profit from the market ,so on forex trading you could learn and suceed more and also make more gain

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Forex trading is not gambling. Those who makes it look like gambling are the traders who does know what they are doing. They just put some money into the forex trading account and expect huge to return. They forget to know that you have to do some little research before you trade Forex. This set of people will constantly lose money in the process and they will conclude that forex trading is a gamble

Mary Frederick

Gambling is a wrong approach of trading. Gambling can give you quickest return but it is not an acceptable type of trading. Bring professionalism in trading either by learning or taking advice from professional traders. With Eurotrader broker, you will face no technical issues while executing trades.