Is Excessive Sunlight Good Or Bad For Your Health?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Almost all the human beings on this Earth have been exposed to sunlight in some parts of their life. Sunlight is considered as "energy' emitted from the sun. It is a kind of solar energy and many people claim that is very beneficial for the health. Indeed there have been many studies that show how sunlight could provide benefits to the humans. Many people believe that sunlight can prove to be a good source of vitamin D. However, sunlight is definitely not the only source of vitamin D. In fact, some studies have suggested that the ultra violet rays of sunlight could be really harmful for you.

I have personally experienced the harms of sunlight. Whenever I go out in a really hot, sunny day, I feel that the heat of sunlight is kind of burning my skin. In fact, I experience this thing when I go out for short time. This is why I have been warning helmet now whenever I go out. Some studies suggest that excessive sunlight and heat can damage your skin. Apart from all that, the ozone layer of the Earth has also become weak. This is even a bigger bad news for us. So, do you think that sunlight is good or is it bad?

E

eldavis

Like they say too much of everything is bad, the same applies to sunlight. There are so many health benefits the sun gives out but too much of it could also harm our bodies. When our body gets exposed to the sun for long, it could lead to redness of the the skin, it could even darken the skin for those that are fair. Over exposure to the sun leads to dehydration. The heat form the sun can also cause blisters and itchy skin as some would call it heat rashes.