what can excessive.money gambling cause

Axis

Banned
a person who gamble excessively have a tendency in losing many things. a gambling is not always a sure that it is a 50/50 kind of tax is either you win or you lose. and so one cannot be precisely sure on what his or she stakes while gambling. and because of these many people have lost a lot of properties due to excessive gambling. for example people have Gamble lot of money in which they would have used it in investing saving it up or even giving those who need it most but because of their greediness they now engage into gambling and sometimes they tax might not be what they expected and a result of that they lose lots and lots of money.
I remember of a man he was very rich but on the other hand he was an excessive gambler he was so addicted to gambling that all his money and profit will be channeled into gambling activities. he can beat up to 40 million naira in a month and most times he can lose everything without getting back a dime. after two years he became very broke he lost his house his car and other assets owned by him he became very broke that he could not take care of his material and physical needs things were very hard for him to cope. and because of that he committed suicide. what experience have shown that there is no good thing coming out from gambling especially when you are addicted to it. an individual should develop their habit of using money to settle other important taxes saving it up or investing into a business because these will even bring you more profit and income not by chance but on sure assurance

Mastergp

Verified member
Well for me I have a negative view when it comes to gambling, many young ones today engage in gambling the waste most of their money to gamble on either sport or or some other unimportant things.
During my school days I could remember when students escape classes in order to go and gamble and most times the result might become waste in the case many person have lost huge amount of money on gambling and this have lead them to no way.
Some people because of greed they are move to gamble their inheritance, life savings, or properties and at most times the what they expected as a win would turn out to be a lose, and this have also kept them in a difficult position or state that they might not expect.

And another thing is that most people do excessive gambling that is to say they have even gotten addicted to it making it as a hobbies or a career to be gambling and the bad part us that when they win the use their money on less important things like over drinking, smoking, over spending of items.

E

eldavis

Simply put, gambling addiction could lead to poverty. I have seen cases where people addicted to gambling sell all that they have just so they could gamble. Gambling could also lead to detachment friends and loved ones. Does who are addicted tend to focus on gambling more than trying to build and grow personal relationships with does around them.

Rubz

Gambling always have a negative effect on gamblers life. It's even worst when the gambling becomes excessive. Gambling controls people and not only can it lead to loss of money, it can also lead to loss of properties because gamblers tend to get on their properties when they run out of money. Gamblers most of the time renders their family members homeless or they make them go into debt. The funny thing is that gamblers do not realize what they are doing until they lose the bet. It is only after then most of them realize they placed a bet on what they could not afford to lose and by then, it would be too late to do anything about it.

Finger Geek

Verified member
A gamble is a gamble. There is never sure strategy to win a gamble. I could remember last year when I though that I was using a sure strategy to play virtual game in one of the betting website. At first I was winning with the strategy and I earned lots of money with a small capital. So I was carried away with the bet so I continued placing bet using same strategy.

But it got to a time that I started using my money. So on each lose, I always thought that I am doing a mistake so I will not do the same mistake on my next bet. This made me to continue thinking I will win my next game. But at the end, I lost all that I won and also add more money and I lost them all.

It is better we don't try gambling at all, even if there is a sure strategy. There is no sure one, it will later fail.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Gambling can have a very negative effect on your finances. That's because gambling is just another form of borrowing money, and you're going to have to pay it back. If you win at the slots and then don't have enough money to pay off your debts, you'll end up in debt even more quickly than if you'd just put those bills in the mail right away.

The best way to avoid this is to keep track of how much money you spend on gambling. If it's too high, then cut down on how often you play and make sure that each session is worth more than what it costs. If it's too low, then increase your spending so that you're always making some money back from your losses.

Once you get rid of all the bad habits that are hurting your finances, then any money left over after paying off bills will be left over for fun things like travel or other expenses.