Is a condo unit in the city a wise investment if you have a home?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
A condo unit in the city is a precious property. There are many residents in the outskirts of the city who work in the business district. They are the usual tenants of condo units in the city. Most of the bank executives I know have a condo unit (and some have several) that is an investment to be sold in the future.

At present the condo units are rented out to earn an income for the taxes and also to cover the expenses of the condo unit particularly the monthly dues to the administration office. I envy those condo unit owners because they are secured in their retirement with that kind of investment. The rent may not be very substantial but the increasing price of condo units means a huge profit 5 years from now.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It is one of the great business idea for anyone that has the money to invest. If you have a home then you need to have others maybe in a good location in the city that will make money for you. I see people do this a lot. It a good source of income

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
It is one of the great business idea for anyone that has the money to invest. If you have a home then you need to have others maybe in a good location in the city that will make money for you. I see people do this a lot. It a good source of income
Yes people who have money often do this a lot especially if they have suitable ones for business. I think selling or renting of home, it's can be a very booming business for any one especially if there is capital to invest in to it. Everyday house, lands, keep appreciating and it's getting costly, when we invest in such, you will definitely be making gains.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yes people who have money often do this a lot especially if they have suitable ones for business. I think selling or renting of home, it's can be a very booming business for any one especially if there is capital to invest in to it. Everyday house, lands, keep appreciating and it's getting costly, when we invest in such, you will definitely be making gains.
You are right, land is one asset that keeps appreciating at all times. It is even a yearly thing now in my country. So investing in it when there is money is the best way of having a legacy apart from just making money. It can be a better collateral for getting a good sum of loans

Setho

VIP Contributor
Be a very good idea especially when you have a lot of space in your dorm entry. A lot of people in urban policies cannot afford to rent or buy larger spaces for them to see so they might want to resort to things like this and then pay a particular fee.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you already have a home and if you do not plan to shift to another place, you might be buying a condo unit as an investment. Whether this investment is fruitful or not depends on the resale value. You will have to check the real estate market to see whether people are buying or not.