Real estate Investing on lands or houses

Thosynho

Real estate is no doubt a profitable business where one could easily make double or even more of your investment in not too long a time but there are different ways or investment in real estate business. One could invest in buying of lands or houses which could be completed or half completed. Both are actually profitable but I think one is more profitable and probably cost you little in acquiring it compare to the profit one could make when reselling it.

Investing in lands for instance, may cost you little as regard buying or making any structure on it but keeps appreciating as the environment develops while buying houses will still cost you some money as regard maintainence or renovation till you get it sold out again. Don't forget, houses depreciate in value as time goes by.

Jonaville

For me,I prefer investing in lands that in houses. This is because as time passes, lands can appreciate in value but houses will only get older are therefore decrease in value. While investing in a house in the form of rentage or lease is not a bad idea, it is still not as profitable compared to land investments.
So I will go for land anytime, any day. But then, for the sake of adventure and experience, I can go for both if I have the means.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
You can buy a piece of land for a smaller price compared to a house, but I think you will profit more by investing in a house compared to investing in land. When you buy a house, you can immediately start making money from your investment by renting your house. However, land rental is very difficult.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Both are useful enough, it depends on the one pleasing to you, and the amount of money you have, to invest in real estate properties. When it comes to my choice, I'll simply choose housing without wasting much time. Because I know about it's potential benefits to me when I eventually own it in the future. The only thing that makes lots of persons not to go into it, is lack of capital. Not everyone has such amount of money to invest into housing investment.

D

Deleted member 28127

Buy lands means you will spend more money than buying a house just because the house building or anything building on the land will cost you money and by calculation, if you added the land fee to building a house at land fee added to the time you will find yourself loser but buying a ready house is something not appreciable to a lot of people just because they want to build a house as their thinking or expected architecture which is not the case for the ready-built house at a land. Then for each one its advantage and its inconvenients.

greenieS

Verified member
You can buy a piece of land for a smaller price compared to a house, but I think you will profit more by investing in a house compared to investing in land. When you buy a house, you can immediately start making money from your investment by renting your house. However, land rental is very difficult.

Yes, you are right + if you have a house / apartment in a populated area where it is sought after by many people, you will have the house rented for years, probably decades and you will make a big and beautiful profit :)

I prefer investing in a house.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I'd prefer to invest in a land because of maintenance, if you invest in a land you don't have to worry about maintenance the highest you could go is to, maybe fence it to avoid trespassers, and land is relatively cheaper than a house so you might be saving a lot of money doing that.

In my opinion land appreciate more than a house and here is my argument, no matter how long it takes a land is still land, nothing about it changes but this is not the same for house, a house might be out of trend maybe due to a new style of building that house might be out of style and hereby unattractive for intending buyers.

Zina

When you invest in land it has more profit than when you invest in a house because you won't have any problem with pills and the price of land also appreciate more so why should they go for investing and house and actually invest in land and you can also use land for so many purposes that you want to use it for like farming before you sell it and you still as the value of the price you are going to send it so investing in land is not operable to me than investing in house as it doesn't have much loss

greenieS

Verified member
It is almost impossible for real estate investments not to make a profit, at least in the big cities, which are constantly expanding. And this without too much expense, apart from the acquisition.

The best example is capital. The demand for houses and land is very high. You don't even have to spend a lot of money to buy land in very expensive areas. You can invest in cheaper land from the outskirts. In a year or two, their price can double.

We don't even talk about apartments anymore. In ten years you take out the investment, you make a profit and you are also the owner of a house that you can sell whenever you want, all thanks to the rent that you can receive monthly for that building.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is none between the two that is not lucrative. But the choice will depend on the individual and the duration of the investment. For instance, an investor whi prefers to a short term investment will always go for housing investment compare to one who prefer long term investment.

Land investment is preferable for me because of many reasons and benefits I can get from investing in it which I may not gain in investing in housing investment. For instance, land will always appreciate no matter the area you have the land compare to hide that's always valuable in an urban area.

Another reason is that there is need for renovation for house to have its value maintained. This doesn't go for land as you don't need renovating land before it appreciates.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
A lot of people have their own interest about the type of real estate investment they are likely to go into , but personally if I have opportunity to engage in real estate business mostly I would like to invest in land because it is among one of the most profitable form of investment over here .

I don't like the buying of houses since it will be so stressful in terms of renting it out for tenants to live and so on but buying of lands and keeping it for a certain period of time and selling it for profit is just the best way to invest your money for long-term purposes as the price of land are likely to appreciate faster in a good location.

There are a lot of real estate agents who are really interested to buy houses and then rents it out for people to lives in , this type of investment is really profitable because it is for lifetime purposes but it is only for people who have the required money that is needed to buy a house , renovate the building to a modern standard and then rent it out for people to live in.

Kendy

Verified member
Real estate investment is now one of the most profitable business offline and this business has been long operating but the fact is that, it was not given the name, "real estate." This investment is not the discovered goldmine and it has been more modernized such that, we have; real estate agents and registered companies operating under the auspices. It is preferential choices when it comes to investing in either lands or houses as both are profitable depending on many factors such as; location, size, building materials. Personally, I would prefer investing in lands, this is because I will have the leverage to explore and make research on the type of land to purchase, a favourable or strategic location and I will know how secured and if the land has a good topography, whereas in houses, I might not be able to ascertain the types of building materials that was used in laying the foundation and the house might not be to my taste both in the location and appearance.

I prefer lands because it is always easier to resale them whenever you desire, especially if it is situated in strategic locations but the case is always different in houses because potential buyers would always be a bit skeptical.