Investing in lands in the rural area

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Land investment is among one of the most lucrative investment in the real estate industry and people that have the opportunity are looking for the best environment to invest in lands for future purposes believing that as development takes over the land will be valuable so they can resell for profits, this is what a lot of people are doing over here.

Most investors will likely be interested to invest in the Urban settlement Because they are likely to earn higher compared to the rural settlement as it requires a lot of waiting time before it can be sold for profit .

Another advantage of urban settlement is that the value of lands can increase rapidly compared to how it increases in the rural settlements.

But at the same time the most challenging fact about investing in lands in the Urban settlement is that it is quite expensive for people to acquire a land in the Urban settlements to resell it later in the future , Even if you do the money you used to acquire one piece of land in the Urban settlement could be used to acquire at least three pieces of lands of the same size in the rural areas.

Best on the affordability of lands in the rural settlement do you really think it is necessary for a real estate investors to invest in the rural settlement for long term purposes ?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
If I want to invest in land, I will prefer to invest in the rural areas compare to investing in the urban location for many reasons which I think should be considered by others as well.

There is always cheaper price at the rural area. Basically, there is always lesser demand for the lands in the rural areas, these lands do for cheaper price. Now buying lands at such a place won't cause most, which enable the buyers to buy more lands.

There is always appreciation in lands. The land bought in the rural area always appreciate faster because there is tendency of development reaching the place. However, 9ne may even lose lands bought in the urban area especially to government if there is need for construction.

Also, it is easy to lease or rent in the rural areas. You can easily see investors that will lease your lands in the rural area for farming. But most lands in the urban area are always left fallowed till they see buyers for them which may make some useless till they are sold off.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
If I want to invest in land, I will prefer to invest in the rural areas compare to investing in the urban location for many reasons which I think should be considered by others as well.

There is always cheaper price at the rural area. Basically, there is always lesser demand for the lands in the rural areas, these lands do for cheaper price. Now buying lands at such a place won't cause most, which enable the buyers to buy more lands.

There is always appreciation in lands. The land bought in the rural area always appreciate faster because there is tendency of development reaching the place. However, 9ne may even lose lands bought in the urban area especially to government if there is need for construction.

Also, it is easy to lease or rent in the rural areas. You can easily see investors that will lease your lands in the rural area for farming. But most lands in the urban area are always left fallowed till they see buyers for them which may make some useless till they are sold off.
I understand perfectly everything you have just said at the same time I respect your point but if we are to consider it in that way then we also needs to be very observant of the rural settlements we are buying this land because if you are buying it in a thick undeveloped location , it might really takes a long time for you to be able to sell your property with profit and that won't really be encouraging.

What I am trying to say here is that there are some locations you can go in to buy a land at the very cheap and affordable price but my take ages for the location to be developed for you to be able to sell your land for a reasonable profit whereas if you could have used that money to invest in a land in the Urban settlement for that period of time , the possibility of generating a huge income will be very high.

Both of them have an advantage and disadvantages , if anyone is really interested to invest like you just said then the person have to be very careful , if proper analysis is not done the person might make a mistake to invest in a bad location that may not really be profitable , I know some location like that here that I may not likely invest my money because it's just a waste of time.

E

eldavis

Not all rural areas are worth buying land form right now. There are some places I came across in Boki east local government area within cross river state Nigeria, most of the lands found there, it would take years and I mean years for development to actually come near them, this is a community that is still battling with network connection, have not seen electricity for more than five years. Before buying a land or properties in a rural setting, make sure it's a location you are sure development would come in within the next few years.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Not all rural areas are worth buying land form right now. There are some places I came across in Boki east local government area within cross river state Nigeria, most of the lands found there, it would take years and I mean years for development to actually come near them, this is a community that is still battling with network connection, have not seen electricity for more than five years. Before buying a land or properties in a rural setting, make sure it's a location you are sure development would come in within the next few years.
Jeez ! you mean such location is still in existence even in the 21st century ? Omo if this is true then the government of our country is not doing their work at all because they are supposed to make sure these people have reliable water to drink and good access to electricity which is a social amenities that are to be provided by the government of a particular country,

It is almost impossible for me to survive in such a location when there is no good network connection and the funny thing about the government is that they will want to send a youth corper into such environment expecting them to stay there and serve the government..

And without people going into such a location to buy houses and Build, development is not likely to take place and for this to be achievable I believe there should be a constant power supply , good communication network and at least a good drinking water for the community . with this it will attract a lot of investors to buy land and build their permanent residential homes over there but when these things are not available a lot of people will run to a location that these social amenities are there.

E

eldavis

Jeez ! you mean such location is still in existence even in the 21st century ? Omo if this is true then the government of our country is not doing their work at all because they are supposed to make sure these people have reliable water to drink and good access to electricity which is a social amenities that are to be provided by the government of a particular country,

It is almost impossible for me to survive in such a location when there is no good network connection and the funny thing about the government is that they will want to send a youth corper into such environment expecting them to stay there and serve the government..

And without people going into such a location to buy houses and Build, development is not likely to take place and for this to be achievable I believe there should be a constant power supply , good communication network and at least a good drinking water for the community . with this it will attract a lot of investors to buy land and build their permanent residential homes over there but when these things are not available a lot of people will run to a location that these social amenities are there.
Yes such places do exist. The first call I made there, I literally had to climb a mountain to get a call signal. There are no wells or even taps. We had to make use of stream water for bathing and as well drinking. It was not easy at all honestly. Indeed our government are not really trying at all, they are just taking care of themselves alone.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yes such places do exist. The first call I made there, I literally had to climb a mountain to get a call signal. There are no wells or even taps. We had to make use of stream water for bathing and as well drinking. It was not easy at all honestly. Indeed our government are not really trying at all, they are just taking care of themselves alone.
In such a situation I believe there is always a counselor in every local government in a particular state and if there is no development in such a location I believe it is The counselor of the local government that should be held responsible and that is who the people are too blame because some counselors are really bad in terms of leadership that they can't just try and look for opportunity to bring in development into a particular local government they were made to take care of but they will just be interested to join together with the greedy politician to abuse their leadership position.

It is not the best at all and I can't even imagine myself serving in such a location as a youth corper because even the politician's children won't be comfortable to serve there , and they themselves won't even send their children to such a location. but they will prefer to send an ordinary citizens to go and serve there just for the main purpose of serving our country.

It is high time we know that those people who occupied the leadership position are not doing anything in favour of the masses but they are just interested on how they can accommodate as much money as possible. Well I still believe there will be a time in which development will sets into the country and older politicians may likely be dethroned.

E

eldavis

In such a situation I believe there is always a counselor in every local government in a particular state and if there is no development in such a location I believe it is The counselor of the local government that should be held responsible and that is who the people are too blame because some counselors are really bad in terms of leadership that they can't just try and look for opportunity to bring in development into a particular local government they were made to take care of but they will just be interested to join together with the greedy politician to abuse their leadership position.

It is not the best at all and I can't even imagine myself serving in such a location as a youth corper because even the politician's children won't be comfortable to serve there , and they themselves won't even send their children to such a location. but they will prefer to send an ordinary citizens to go and serve there just for the main purpose of serving our country.

It is high time we know that those people who occupied the leadership position are not doing anything in favour of the masses but they are just interested on how they can accommodate as much money as possible. Well I still believe there will be a time in which development will sets into the country and older politicians may likely be dethroned.
True, but another question we should be asking is are the people even ready for this change? From what I saw there, the people are very comfortable with the kind of lifestyle they are living, see the young ones sleeping around, most of the waec candidates can't even spell thier names and the school encourages examination malpractice during waec, parents would rather spend their money on palm wine than buy books and pay school fees. Most of the students prefer farming than coming to school.

Kendy

Verified member
I like the idea of investing in lands in rural areas but I specifically would invest more in sub-rural areas. There are rural areas which are so interior and there is literally no sign of development that could take place even in the next ten years but sub-rural areas definitely have the potentials of the settlement being developed in couple of years. I will not recommend buying or investing only in rural areas except you want to utilize it for agricultural activities.

The more reason people invest in these rural areas is because of the massive arid of lands and the price is always cheaper when compared to urban areas. Also, it is mostly used to cultivate agricultural activities and this is more profitable in rural areas because the agricultural produce would be less expensive, the manpower would've willing at cheaper rates and there would be higher chances of the produce growing well because the lands are not be grazed frequently thereby loosing its nutrients. There are some yardstick that should be measure like; the land should be free from crisis or insecurity and also environmental hazardous effects. This is not to say that investing in urban areas will not be profitable!

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have a plan to buy land in the rural area that is at least 1 hectare for the purpose of a personal farm (not for business). However, I find that the price of land in the nearby provinces are already high that it is almost half the price of land in a suburban town. The reason for the high price, according to the real estate agent, is the potential development in the near future. I can agree with that because all the rice fields in the suburbs are now converted into residential villages and some even have low rise condominium buildings.

When I received the financial benefits of my wife from her employer what came to my mind is time deposit in the bank. But the interest rate is pathetic at less than 1% per year. I am also looking at stocks for my investment but it is not as stable as real estate. However, the drawback in real estate is when you buy now and later you would need to the money. It takes time to sell a property much more a land in the rural area. For the stocks, it can be sold within the day or maybe 2 days at the most.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I wouldn't bother myself when it comes to buying at the urban settlement or rural settlement. What really matters when it comes to land is the potential of the land, of it gonna cost higher in the future or not. If it gets a better potential to increase to a very high price, it wouldn't even know or care if it's in the urban or rural area, I'll definitely delve into it and invest. Land in the rural area is even cheaper due to the condition of the location, it is less developed. Only the rich can afford to buy land at the urban areas, due to how expensive land is at the urban areas.

For those who doesn't have much, but wants to secure a better future for themselves, can simply look up to the rural area lands to capitalize on, save the funds which could've been used lavishly to secure the land in the rural area, fence it, and do the normal right to claim full ownership of the land yo avoid any future issues on the land. Which we know, it is very common in the rural areas, especially around thugs, going around and snatching people's lands simply because of greed.

Rachael

Verified member
Investing in lands in the rural areas has both advantages and disadvantages. Lands in the rural areas would be cheap and you could have access to large portions of land but there are also certain challenges that might not bring a good overturn if you decide to resale the land. Lands purchased in interior rural areas to me does not seem like a profitable venture and I would not recommend it to anyone. Although lands are appreciating in nature and does not dwindle or decline easily but there are some regions where lands are purchased and there will be little or no profits. It is better to purchase them in sub-rural areas where development is ongoing or would likely occur and has access to some infrastructure. Where I reside, there are challenges in rural areas and this has made the purchase of lands in those areas to become a thing of the past. The high rate of environmental pollution and insecurity issues has made land purchase unprofitable and has made habitation impossible. Before purchasing a land in rural areas, you should not only consider the cheap cost but you put into consideration where the land is situated and how well the land could be utilized whereby it can yield good returns.

Shigobad2020

Land is one of the most lucrative business because it increases in value everything due to the increase in population or the migration of people to another location , which makes them look for a land to build on their houses , building for business , recreation clubs and more,
There are two types of land business investment, which is buying and sellings of land in the rural area and also the buying of land in the urban settlement.
Buying of land in the urban settlement will bring more profit than buying and selling of land in the rural area because people in the urban area are working class and they can afford to pay handsomely than the rural area.
Secondly buying of land and also selling in the rural area seem to be lucrative business because you can just buy the land and hold the land for some years till the place is getting develops and then resell .

Mika

VIP Contributor
Bill Gates, the software billionaire, is investing in farmland. Do you know why? If someone like Bill Gates, who not only built Microsoft Corporation but bought a lot of profitable businesses like LinkedIn, Skype, Minecraft, etc. In fact, Microsoft has bought 225 companies and invested in 64, is buying farmland mean there is a lot of money to be made in this niche, right? First of all properties in rural areas cost less than properties in urban areas, secondly, the property prices continue to rise, so your investment in rural properties will be profitable. Thirdly, you can start farming in the rural land and food is one of the best businesses because not only the market is big, but it is also recession-proof. The demand for food will continuously rise, thus, you will be making more money in the coming days. If you want to invest in real estate, investing in rural land is the best option.