Idea: Coconut Oil Business

Nova

Many tropical areas in the world have plenty of coconut production. And people can make use of the various stock of the coconut. And make use of the oil. And they can create various types of the products. Some people create oil for the consumption. some create oil for external use. Some create the coconut creams and there are other countless usages of the coconut. And it seems like the each year the demand continues to stay higher. I am wonder how the coconut oil continues to stay higher in the circulation as well.

I think for those who are living in such areas, they can make use of the coconut oil and then export it in places like US and other places where there is not much production of the coconut oil. And they can earn pretty good amount of the currency in the exports. It can pretty much become strong business over a period of time as well.

Do you think coconut business is good for tropical regions?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In the rural areas here the coconut oil is big business. That business is usually found in areas where there are coconut plantation. The harvest the mature coconuts, remove the husk then crack open to secure the white flesh. That is called copra which is then processed to become coconut oil for commercial use. A coconut oil processing factory needs a big capital but I know that the profit is also big. Unfortunately here the coconut plantations are slowly vanishing to give way to residential villages. I just don't know what will happen to the coconut industry after 50 years, maybe coconut oil will be very expensive.