How would you handle an employee who steals company's money

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
At times, you would have an employee that has the habit of stealing from the company secretly. This particular set of employees wouldn't mind to ensure that the business is in crisis. All they are after is the money that they would make from the company or the money that will go into their own personal purse and they're never after the progress of the company. We have seen several cases of this type of thing and we have seen many companies arrest employees for stealing the companies fund and we have also witnessed so many occasions where the employee would ruin the company due to theft.

This type of scenario was a very serious one and needs urgent attention because if care is not taken an action was not taken very quickly the business could crash. This is why it is very important to always monitor the business and ensure that the employees will not have access to the company's fund most especially for a small business. I have fallen into one of these some years back when one of my employee ran away with the sum of $200. I think we could actually curb this by making the employee present a guarantor that will stand for him/ her if anything goes wrong.

Bard Racheal

If you happen employ someone that is so not interested in the growth of your company, and is only there to steal from that company of yours which you have tried to raise,it will be very hazardous.
It will stand as a strength sapping tactics to your company.

It won't enhance the growth in any way.

Ways to handle that employee and to curb the situation?
You should try to get him or her to acknowledge that you are aware of his or her secret theft.
If he or she is aware of that ,they will be able to maintain themselves.
Okay,that person's pocket can be at risk. Yes! His or her pocket may leak, because karma is real.

Also, you should try to meet a business counselor for advice about how to tackle that problem.

You should also consider reducing the wages you give to that person.
You will have to deduct money from their wages.
I mean, a reasonable amount.
This will happen when you have reliable information and exhibits of instances of when he or she has been stealing the company's money.

On a serious note, it is not healthy to your company at all.
You should also consider reporting this situation to appropriate quarters if this situation is climaxing.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
I would first talk to the employee and try to get a good understanding of the situation. I would explain that stealing from the company is not acceptable and has serious consequences. I would tell them that I will have no choice but to let them go if they continue this behavior. If he doesn't have an answer for these questions or if he is lying about it, then I would report him to the authorities which include Human Resources Department and Internal Affairs Department where he will be investigated for theft and possibly fired from his job if found guilty of theft due to company policy and procedure that states that employees must follow all company rules or else they can be terminated from their jobs without any warning or explanation whatsoever.

This can help in obtaining a conviction and hopefully prevent future incidents. If this was an isolated incident and not part of an ongoing problem, I would recommend counseling.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Having such an employee is a very huge problem to your organization and I must confess to you that the earlier you take action, the better and vice versa.

If you come to notice that there is or there are employees who are known for embezzling the company's resources for their personal benefits, then the first thing to do is to take a firm action immediately. It could be a reduction in the rank of such a person or limiting the person's access to company's funds and resources.

This is just the first step and it may actually persist because some people are naturally born cheats and will always find their way regardless of what restrictions has been placed on them.

If after taking these steps and giving warnings to such a person, the attitude persists, then the best thing to do is get rid of such a worker on terms of embezzlement. It is something that you can defend even in court so don't hesitate if you really want and love your business or company.