How to work with rude employers

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
So many employees may have diffulties trying to handle bad employers in their work place. In most cases there is no way you can change them to what really suits you but there are ways you can work with them conveniently without having any problem.

1 ) Obey all rules and regulation: For employees this is very important , every employees is expected to obey the rules that governs any business organisation they are working with. Doing this will cut the risk of getting into trouble with business managers or owners.

2) Take your responsibilities seriously: Some employees do not takes their main responsibilities seriously which could result in problems with managers and business owners. As an employee taking your responsibilities seriously will indicate a Total commitment to the progress and development of the business organization.

3) Keep searching for better employment : Normally business employers shouldn't be rude when all this are being done by employees , but in case they purposely refused to change then is better for you to seek elsewhere for employment. This may also be an indication that they are not capable of handling the affairs of their business because rudeness isn't the best way to manage a business involving two or more people.

Shaf

Verified member
It's never easy when you have to deal with a difficult and rude employer but it is possible. When you are stuck at such a job with no other alternative, figuring out a way to make things work is the best you can do.

One of my bosses hated lazy staff and I was working with her at a time I was pregnant without telling anyone. It was really tough as a lot of friction developed between us. To make things easy, I reduced my number of interactions with her and simply made sure my part if the job was always done so she had no reason to complain.

I've also seen some employers that are just impossible to please no matter what you do. For such, when you follow the rules, try to improve on your skills and relate well with other staff, you will not have problems with them, except once in a while.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
These are sets of people that I can never deal with, because I don't just know how to dwell with rude and annoying people. You can't even function properly under them since they don't have the little courtesy of being nice to the next person. Even making a little mistake would be magnified by them so what's the need of even trying to pleased them.

The best bet will be to ignore all these issues that comes with them and focus on your work. Try to give your best so that when they start ranting you know you gave your best.

Then for me your last suggest will be highly adopted by me. I will just be silently looking for a new job, when once it almost like this one or even a bit better I will dump their job for them and off I go. No waste of time at all.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If I were in the case of an employee under a bad employer my focus will be on point #3 that is to keep on searching for a better employment. One actual example is the owner of the house that is being constructed beside our home. It has been 2 years in the making for many reasons. What I see is the few workers there sometimes only 5. Another reason are the continual changes in the design of the architecture. Probably the owner is also short of finances sometimes. The structure is already erected and the finishing are still in progress very slowly. Some of the workers who left told me that the owner is very rude. She would be scolding the worker for a small mistake. When the owner is mad at one worker then the other workers are also scolded. I know of more than 5 workers who left the job and went for another job. I know the owner who is vain with her finances in thinking that she is rich and she can overpower anyone.

Sikapa

Verified member
This your post is so good but I want to say it is not easy to work with rude employer at all. Those rude employers think they have hire or employed you into their business and they pay you with their money so they can do you whatever they wish.

But if you hired someone or you employed someone into your business it doesn't mean the person is your slave. Many employees are suffering under these bad employers who are nor ready to change their bad attitude towards their employees or workers.

The most annoying thing is found in the government sectors. Why should your treat you fellow brother or sister bad while you are all doing government work? The government pays you all but because the person is under you, then you start to treat them bad. Especially if your boss likes you and you don't accept the proposal then you are doomed.

I remember when I completed Senior High School I found myself working under a retired soldier man and the way this retired soldier treated me as if I'm different creature from different planet. I couldn't continue after three months.

Rachael

Verified member
I do not think it is the desire of anyone to work with rude employers but at times, life situation puts us in conditions which is absolutely beyond our control. I have worked with rude employers who have no regard when it comes to their employees. They forget that the employees are also the life wire of an organization or any enterprise and without them, it would not function or be productive. Well, personally, I do not work for a long time with rude employers, no matter how handsome the renumeration might be. I do not look down to speak with recklessness to anyone and I do not expect nor merit such treatment from anyone notwithstanding whatever societal status you might possess.

I worked with a rude employee a year ago and I did not even work for up to 4months, I had to resign because in such environment, my self esteem or self worth was impeded and tampered with. Humiliating me when I carry out my job effectively is one thing I cannot condone and I like to make my psychological health to be stable at any working environment so I could be productive but when rudeness is displayed, I quit!