Tips to get by with rude workers

King bell

VIP Contributor
Below are tips to get by with rude workers. If you follow these tips and keep your head about you, you will be able to handle rude people in the workplace.

• Avoid eye contact.
  • Don't take it personally.
  • Keep a neutral face at all times, no matter what they say or do.
  • Be professional but chill--just let them know that whatever they're doing is not okay with you and then act like it's totally normal for someone to talk down and disrespect their boss like that. Just go back to work and carry on as though nothing happened at all.
  • Don't take anything personally; it's all about them and not you.
  • Never confront the person--that will just make things worse.
  • Stay in control of your emotions.
  • There are very few people in this world that you truly need to be civil with, but if you do, remember that it isn't personal--they're just being rude for no reason.
  • Remember that not everyone is going to get along, and that's okay. Just focus on your own goals and interests and try not to get tangled up in other people's drama

Etini

Valued Contributor
All these tips you are giving would not just work. Human beings are social animals and it is a natural craving of humans to socialize. All the tips you posted there are anti-social. It would certainly not work. What if the employees are to undertake group or teamwork? They should use these tips? Just know that such an endeavor won't ever succeed.

I am a very pragmatic person. I do what is supposed to be done without attaching any sentiments. The best thing to do if you are working with toxic people is to quit that job. That's the best decision for your sanity. Mental health is very important and that kind of work environment can drive you crazy. My former boss was a toxic woman. I tried putting up with her. When it was obvious I couldn't, I left her organization without uttering a word. Till today, she sees me around and gives me respect.